NEXBOX A95X 1gb 8gb reboot issues

• kszaq
    Flashed this box for a friend SD Card OE. (See Below Bottom)
    There is an issue with Reboot and Reboot from Nand.
    There is also a load of script notifications when booting into OE with errors visible.
    Scripts always appear during bootup.
    It does however boot up.

When choosing reboot from Nand the box attempts to reboot with screen going black BUT the box power light is still blue (on) and nothing happens.
    I unplug the box and replug and it DOES boot to Android.
    If i choose reboot the same issue and it DOES boot to LE.
    Choosing red power button on remote turns screen black but blue light is still on
    again i have to unplug box as the remote WONT turn box back on

This box does not have reboot option in Android BUT i have installed
    Shutdown app by Allenfang which works perfectly in Shutdown & Reboot.
    When i reboot using this app the Box boots into LE no problem.
    It also turns off the box properly and i can turn it on with stock remote.

Took a log after power on. Vanilla build Stock.

NEXBOX A95X 1gb 8gb
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.005.img.gz

Edited once, last by kostaman (August 11, 2016 at 11:47 AM).

• Yes, I posted a few threads below, if you use 002 reboot will work. Seems to only occur on the MXQ my Mini MXIII is just fine on 005

Edited once, last by JonSnow (August 4, 2016 at 5:14 AM).

• overall how do you like this box. How do you ike the stock dashboard? Can you live with the stock UI?

Sorry i dont own the box. I flashed OE on it for a friend. I had it for 2 days and it is not something i would buy.
    Get a box with 2gb of ram. The s905 chip can run 2gb of ram so why bother with 1gb boxes ?
    That is my opinion.

• They have a 2gb ver.

NEXBOX A95X TV Box Quad core Amlogic S905X - 2GB + 16GB US PLUG 1883460104K x 2K H.265 2.4GHz WiFi Android 6.0 64 Bit 2GB DDR3 RAM 16GB eMMC ROM Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD

Edited once, last by kszaq (August 11, 2016 at 3:12 PM).

• They have a 2gb ver.

NEXBOX A95X TV Box Quad core Amlogic S905X - 2GB + 16GB US PLUG 1883460104K x 2K H.265 2.4GHz WiFi Android 6.0 64 Bit 2GB DDR3 RAM 16GB eMMC ROM Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD

Delete that link please.
    NOT ALLOWED LINKS TO SELLERS.
    Take some time to read the rules.
    I think you need to read a bit more of the content in the forums to see who has what box and what works.
    I am sorry but i use the box in my signature and cannot advise you on any BRANDS to buy.
    Google is your friend.

Edited once, last by kszaq (August 11, 2016 at 3:12 PM).

• Sorry about the Link... Stupid new guy!!!!!!!!!

• I was wondering if you might be able to advise me. I have the Nexbox A95x S905. I have booted from SD no problem and everything seems to work fine however when I try to install to nand I extract the contents of LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.006.zip on a fat 32 formatted sd card along with the renamed device tree to ledtb.img using the toothpick method (i have the original android firmware in place still) however it just reboots to the stock android without installing.
    Can you offer any advice?

thanks

• I was wondering if you might be able to advise me. I have the Nexbox A95x S905. I have booted from SD no problem and everything seems to work fine however when I try to install to nand I extract the contents of LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.006.zip on a fat 32 formatted sd card along with the renamed device tree to ledtb.img using the toothpick method (i have the original android firmware in place still) however it just reboots to the stock android without installing.
    Can you offer any advice?

thanks

If you want to flash anything to NAND after LE installed, you have to have recovery.img and dtb.img from original Android firmware on another SD card or you wont be able to get into recovery without it.

Try getting into recovery without SD card inserted. Then insert SD card with LE files and install as the link below.

LibreELEC

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 6, 2016 at 7:10 AM).