Posts by kostaman

I am having the same video corruption issues as posted above by Deezel when it switches resolution (from 720p to 1080p@24Hz for example). It seems to overlay the previous screen (multiple times like the pictures above) but the movie is still playing fine (and supported by the TV) behind these glitchy screens. My TV is a Samsung with 720p 60Hz resolution but capable of 1080p@24Hz (but not at 50 or 60Hz -it would need to be 1080i at those freqs).

I have tried disabling autoswitching of resolution in android but it makes no difference. I actually don't want to disable auto-switching, I'd like it to work without these artifacts - is this going to be possible ?

Thanks.

Hi Jed
    Resolution and refresh rate are 2 different subjects/options here. Go into Kodi settings and turn off adjust display refresh rate to match movie. I may or may not be right but without really knowing your TV's capabilities i am guessing the refresh rate changes to match the video but the tv cannot play the movie or stream that the tv cannot display.
    There are settings to sync to display but just google about these settings in kodi.
    Good luck.

This is my SD Card which has been working.
    The screenshot is taken after i mounted it via external SD card reader.
    Ignore Lost Directories Folder.
    Is this what you have after using restore backup button.??
    There are 5 files correct.
    Wipe your SD card and start from the beginning.
    Prep For Noobs
    Then restore Backup.
    Un Plug MXQ Box
    Insert toothpick hear feel click. Plug power back to box WHILST STILL HOLDING toothpick until LE Boots.

i was able to download it but it wont recognize SD card. but it will open up image file.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It is in spanish but around 2 minutes into vid see what he does.
    Format your sd card to fat 32 first. If it mounts it should be visible.
    See vid how he searches for it in ApplePI Baker.

Why is the screenshot showing backup. You have to make a bootable image. Choose that. Not prepare backup.
    Once you do the noobs you then go to the right and burn image to the sd card which makes it bootable.
    That is what you are meant to be doing.

I see what u are saying but when I open applepi those are the only option I have

I have just loaded my version and took screenshot.
    There is no SD card mounted but it would show up in the left.
    If it was there it would be an option to prepare noobs recipe. (Prepare partition get it ready for burning image next step.)
    On the right you should have image to sd card option and search option to look for image on your Mac. Where ever you put it after you un packed.
    Put it on your desktop so you can find it.
    You then click IMG TO SD - Card and it will do it. it may ask for your user password for your mac.
    If you dont see what i have in screenshot there is something wrong with version you downloaded.
    Remember i am still on Mavericks if you are using El Capitan you may have to download a more recent version of Apple PI Baker.

Apple_PI_Baker.png

Reverted back to 7.0.1.4 and still no HDMI option. But I am still able to get Video over HDMI, just no audio showing up. Wondering if I should do a clean NAND install as I'm not sure if the rollback using an update TAR will actually change everything back. Driver issue?

I am SO SORRY i have had a brain fade.
    I am on s905 sd card. wrong information.
    I will check my s805 nand box and get back with a reply.
    Sorry about that.

Still the same. I followed your steps. The funny thing was after I tried to flash it I pulled the SD card out and plugged it back in the computer it showed the same file before. But I did use the image I got after I unpacked from the gz format.

Why is the screenshot showing backup. You have to make a bootable image. Choose that. Not prepare backup.
    Once you do the noobs you then go to the right and burn image to the sd card which makes it bootable.
    That is what you are meant to be doing.
    [hr]

I updated from 7.0.1.4 to 7.0.2.3 (HD18Q) and I've lost audio on some videos that worked previously. I noticed that the Audio Output settings in Kodi are now set to ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, Analog...wasn't this set to HDMI before? I don't see an HDMI option now.

Reverting back to 7.0.1.4 to test...

Kodi System settings AUDIO. HDMI IS THERE on mine. 004

Ok I got applepi-baker. Got it to gunzip and I got 5 files u can see in the image. I tried flash mxq with it and it straight to recovery mode. So I went back to to see if I was doing anything wrong. it mention I should only have 3 files. So I deleted the files with md5 and tried to flash mxq and it did the same thing went straight to recovery mode. Me don't know what to do now.

I dont think you have done this correct.
    1) On your Mac Unpack .img.gz you have downloaded. All you will see then is the image.
    2) Mount your SD card
    3) Open ApplePi Baker
    Now you will see your sd card listed. Now prepare for Noobs. It will now prepare your SD card partitions.
    When it is finished preparing your card you will see on the right option to burn image . Select the image you
    Unpacked in step 1 and choose it to burn it. It will burn the image to your sd card. When it is done
    eject your sd card.
    Now insert into your box and do the toothpick method .

Not if you have a K1-Plus box. I updated to it from 002 and it messed my box up.. so i returned back to a self built version of 003. It would not shut off or reboot from power options menu. Had to pull the plug to shut off. And loss total control of the remote. Messed up video playback and boot up showed some type of log cat scrolling over the LibreELEC splash screen Everytime i would turn on the box. So far 003 is perfect for the K1-Plus box. Everything seems to perform better with 003. Remote, power, Video... Kodi much more responsive....

Majorero Wrote: Even though I said LibreELEC was working fine on my MiniMX 1gb/8gb, after further testing I noticed it was running kind of slow and that's because it is using only 2 cores.

I ran 004 into my second day and have just reverted to 003.
    The 004 was just a little hessitant and not as responsive.
    Not as bad as the reported K1 box issues but enough for me to revert.

I know for sure I'm doing it right, Wether it's the toothpick from SD or from recovery and use zip file. I have another mxq that came in today with the one I flashed. Same packaging same board but I'm afraid to try to flash and get same result. Don't wanna have 2 bricked box.

Run OE from SD card which is what you should do when you get a new box.
    Safer than trying to run on NAND. Test and see what happens during OE.

Thanks for the reply my friend. But I did try to install it through recovery mode and it does flash the zip file and I'm getting the same result.

OK
    My last suggestion is to try the normal toothpick method with the sd card inserted
    BUT DO NOT RELEASE the reset pin too quickly. HOLD IT IN whilst the Robot is working say 15 seconds or a bit more.
    I am relying on my memory but this has worked for me in the past and it worked when i suggested it to someone else in the forum
    with this issue.
    Fingers crossed for you.

Just found post which helped. LibreELEC

i tried aml_autoscript. followed the direction deleted the 2 files from the nand and left the zip and added aml_autofrom the linked u showed.
    doing that didnt write files. im still stuck at the same screen. i can go into revovery mode, ive even tried to install from there and no luck.
    [hr]
    The 7.0.2.4 band has aml_autoscript file. Everything im doing has to be right but it's just not working. Usually when the android dude comes up and the bottom line is writing it always worked. Can it be because of this board but I've read in earlier post where something with 7.0.14 worked on v.2 and it was with hertz that didn't work but I even tried to flash with 7.0.1.4 and I'm still getting same result. Can it be the board? I hope not.

Take out the SD card.
    Get into Android recovery Toothpick method.
    Once in recovery Insert the sd card.
    Then choose the sd card to boot.
    Try that.
    Definitelly is a different board. Just be aware none of these sellers are Manufacturers of these Black mxq's.
    They just sell what they can get their hands on and make money.