Posts by PatrickJB

@ PatrickJB Ha Ha that'd be the problem then - I always disable SAMBA, don't find it that reliable.

Bingo! - Thanks Champ. Next idiot question, How will I upload the logfile?

Never tried uploading on this forum but you could try that for one, see Attachments section when you make a post. If that doesn't work, some people have problems, then try your Onedrive if you have a hotmail account and PM K the link.

As helpful as, I'm sure, that was supposed to be, I don't see any directory called LibreELEC\Logfiles from WinSCP, which is why I asked in the first place.
    What am I missing here?
    No doubt I'm half asleep, so where do I find said \\LibreELEC\Logfiles shared folder

In windows file explorer type \\xxx.xxx.x.x where the x's are your boxes IP Address. You need to enable samba on your box also. you should them see a bunch of folders, if your computer connects, and one of the folders is called Logfiles. After starting your box connect via computer click on Logfiles and a log will be gernerated.

Hope this helps

I can tell you that the s805 that you and i have is the most stable by a mile.
    I turn the the MiniMX s905 on every now and then but it is buggy.
    I dont know about fast as it hangs quite a lot.
    I use the All Black MXQ 98% of the time.
    Maybe spec wise and theoretically the S905 Chip is quicker or whatever
    But i can tell you at this stage with Firmware available it is not a good choice when i use it.

Yes I agree about our boxes, they are rock solid. I'll wait to see what K says once he's sorted a S905 build out. It may just be a case of trial and error to find out which box/board runs best. Obviously K isn't going to buy a bunch of boxes so it will be a gamble for us all! I'll probably just buy a cheap popular one and keep my fingers crossed!

It turns out that this is quite a major issue. Your attention to it would be greatly appreciated. Even assigning the devices different static addresses results in me not being able to use both boxes simultaneously.

Is there maybe a script I can run to change / spoof the MAC address of one of the boxes? I also begin to wonder if the problem is confined to v3_1 boards. Can anyone confirm that they have purchased multiple boxes of the same motherboard version and have different MAC addresses asigned to each, with these builds?

Incedentally the Wifi cards are not recognised with these boards (doesn't bother me, but was one of my attempts to get a unique MAC address)

I am running two boxes and they have different MAC addresses. I can also stream to my second box while watching a different vid without problems.

My God
    I can tell these S905 Chipsets are being used in at least 15 different Boxes i've seen.
    This is going to turn into a Nightmare for kszaq .

I have been testing firmware for the MiniMX AMLogic S905 by Alex at Amlinux Media since January 2016
    and now the S905's are appearing in all sorts of boxes with different remotes and boards.

I would not go out recommending anything at this stage. Let Kaszq choose what he has tested.

I am only giving my opinion guys but this is looking like the All Black MXQ Clone Directory all over again.

Yes that's my point exactly. I'm happy with my old MXQ at the mo but will upgade at some point. Are these new boxes really speedy or not really that much of a differnce?

kszaq I know it's to early right now but here is a Link to stock andriod rom for QuickPlay MXQ

Download latest Android Lollipop 5.1.1 stock firmware for MXQ Pro Quick Play TV Box - China Gadgets Reviews

If you do build for this box I can test and report logs.

Thanks for everything you do.

Pigbait

I had a good look around on ebay and that does look like it will be the new MXQ. There seems to be a lot of S905 boxs appearing but all slightly different so best to stick with the one that will be mass-produced and therefore probably popular.

I was going to buy a third old MXQ but I think I'll go for the new MXQ Pro in the hope that we get flawless video playback! Well, when a LE build appears.

EDIT: This version seems to be all over ebay:

Good price! But will it be the popular choice?

Anyone any idea why I can't see the .update folder in /storage when using the native file manager in LibreElec? Would be useful when updating , obviously.

Peace.

Deleted reply read below

EDIT: Sorry miss read your post, you may need to enable hidden folders via system settings, go to: System / appearance / files lists, and enable show hidden files and directories.

I've been using the dev tar for my Sumvision x4 all day and it seems to run fine for me.

Only issue is the led light flickers between red and blue when in standby, otherwise all good.

My box does that, it doesn't seem to be a problem just a bit annoying for some. I've covered my LED as I hate the bright blue light!
    [hr]
    kszaq

Quick update for the newer builds. .1 or .2, can't remember, seemed to sort the update time problem out when my box resumes from suspend, not sure if it was the code you gave me, which was hit and miss, or something else but anyway it works fine now. Thumnail generation is great, really fast and since .3 the CPU info is working. Not sure about the video playback improvements, I thought it was better with .2 and now I can't decided with .3. Reboot seems more stable but I still get the odd hang but it does seem better.

Just noticed one bug, when I go to the LE control panel the GUI gets screwed up when you go back to the home screen. A few clicks and it sorts itself out so not a big deal but might be worth looking into.

Anyways, great work.

If you need any logs let me know.

Not tested, an idea: use this guide to create a resume script. You can name it 01-update-time.power and place the following content inside:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
      post)
        ntpd -q -n -p pool.ntp.org
        ;;
    esac

This would force time update on system resume.

Just for the record this dosn't work! I thought it did but it seems hit and miss like reboot etc. Not that worried as I just hard-boot or turn wifi on and off. Thanx for trying anyway.

Current build .2 seems pretty stable and bug free for me otherwise.

Not tested, an idea: use this guide to create a resume script. You can name it 01-update-time.power and place the following content inside:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
      post)
        ntpd -q -n -p pool.ntp.org
        ;;
    esac

This would force time update on system resume.

Cheers K, seems to work although I'll need to keep trying it over the next fews days before I can confirm it works 100%. I did knock off the ,'.txt' file extension, I take it this is correct?

K,
    Is it possible to force the time to update on resume from suspend? It often updates after 15 - 20 min and used to update if I used bbc iplayer but doesn't anymore. Hey it's not a big deal just hoping it's a simple line of code. And yes, for the last few or more versions of your builds, suspend has worked fine apart from the time update thang.

And yes full power off seems to work fine too. Nice!

Yes we know it's not really full power off but it's as good.