Posts by bubblegum57

Happy to report that this latest 007 build on my MXQ Pro is working very well! Wifi was an issue prior to the fix being corrected, and now its purring like a kitten. =)

Quick question however, is there an advantage to keeping the install on SD card as opposed to NAND?

You just never know, you might want Android in the future, for apps like skype?

I think Libreelec runs pretty fast from sd, so why get rid of android?

Just my opinion

;)

Bit of advice please lads did any of you invest in a hdmi 2.0 lead? If so was there any improvement on the 4K,my tv registers uhd through the supplied hdmi with my minimx and looks pretty awesome I'm just wondering if I actually need to buy a 2.0 or not?
    Cheers
    Gaz

I think my MiniMX came with a 2.0 port, so I assume it included a 2.0 lead. But I don't have a 4k tv to test

Thanks, I'll give it a go later & let you know how I get on.

I did as you said, & got it working after a reboot. I didn't realise that the original remote wouldn't work at the same time. Anyway, I think I will stick to the original. I suppose I need another logitech remote, the 300 which I prefer I use with my NUC in the living room, & my grandaughter uses the 650.
    The Logitech 650, is uses the Pivos from the logitech database to run a Mygica 510b.

But thanks, it all adds to my learning curve.

It's basically a case of sticking the pivos remote.conf in /storage/.config, mapping the original power toggle button from the minimxiii remote into the harmony (so you can power on) and then - if you want to - tweaking the keymaps inside kodi.
    I came across a few remote.conf's for the pivos and did a bit of messing around to find what worked - this is what I'm using at the moment, but it's still a WIP - when I've finished messing I'll post a proper how-to...The key id's are for use inside kodi if you're making a keyboard.xml file, and 'Harmony buttons' is just a reminder for me for stuff I've mapped.

The keyboard.xml I'm using at the moment (/storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps) is:

Obviously the keymap is for my needs - and it's not finished, I haven't even mapped all the buttons yet - but I'll stick it up anyway, might be some use as a starting point. I'd try just the remote.conf to begin with, then go from there.
    It should work for any box btw, the only difference would be the power toggle command from the original remote.

Thanks, I'll give it a go later & let you know how I get on.