Posts by mergleb

Hi KSZAQ,

I have a Nexbox A95X B7N S905X 2gb/16gb - I am booting from a USB stick - initial install is good but once I power it off it fails to reboot from the USB stick, even when using toothpick method. Used the gxl (2) device tree and the original one but both result in loads of FAILED messages once the LE logo screen has come up.

As I say, works perfectly until I power it off then refuses to come back again. USB stick issue perhaps?

Can you make a signature with the following :
    Nexbox A95X B7N S905X 2gb/16gb

Members reading this post including me don't know your box. I had to go back looking for your previous posts to find it.

I don't know what the issue is with USB Booting and your Nexbox.
    kszaq for this issue.
    Did you try repeating recovery toothpick with the same USB stick to see what happens ?
    I can't help further. Sorry i don't have this box nor do i use USB to run LE. I've only used SD Cards.

Nexbox A95X B7N S905X 2gb/16gb

Won't reboot with the same USB even with the toothpick in - still get FAILED messgaes - only a clean img on the same stick can get it to boot at all. Then power off and it wont reboot again.

Anyone else got any ideas? COuld it be the USB stick causing problems?

Please try this : Do a Fresh Install without using any device tree except the one that is already in the there after you burn the .img (fresh install only)
    To be clear, Just burn the .img to sd card. That is it.

Thanks Kostaman :) got it working.

However after shutting down the system and then leaving it a bit and trying to restart the android box I noticed it would nt load up (yes I left the USB stick in!). Instead once it got to the LE logo it had a dozen or so FAILED messages in text down the left hand side and then just got stuck refusing to load properly.

Any suggestions please?

You posted 442 /444/446/448/450/453/455/457 plus all the members replying thinking you had a Nexbox A95X S905
    The chip is the most important spec followed by ram amount and ethernet speed.
    Just take it on board that this is what happens with limited disclosure of spec details.
    Nexbox a95x B7N 2gb/16gb. is still not disclosing your chip. Nexbox has released their new S905X chip box naming it the same name as the previous box "A95X" . MiniM8sPro is another of these chinese boxes which have done the same thing. :s

I am sorry for giving any wrong impression.
    I have the original packaging the box cam in.
    On the sticker on the back it says - CPU: Amlogic S905X Quad core A53 2.0GHz
    Model - A95X-B7N.

Is that thorough enough?

Now that is established is there any advice please? :)

I used the SD/USB creator to create the boot on the USB drive. I replaced the DTB file with the gxl (2) tree. As I said on first load up it was fine - I got thru to Kodi and all worked except when I got to the Settings>File Manager it couldnt pick anything up - no wifi. After that all hell broke loose as the next time I powered it up it was corrupt and wouldnt load.

If you want help , learn to name your box with full details like , NEXBOX A95X B7N S905X 2GB/8GB.
    That is your box. Don't just shortcut the details.
    And from the Opening Page #1
    S905X: Device trees for these boxes start with gxl. You can leave a tree that is already present on SD card (fresh install only) or choose one according to your RAM amount.
    What part of this did you follow? Take the time to understand and ask for help on what you don't understand before going off installing without really understanding the instructions.

I have a Nexbox a95x B7N 2gb/16gb. Which I have already said.

I used the gxl (2gb) tree. There were only two to choose from anyway. When I got it fully loaded and working I had no wifi.

Would appreciate some help as it seems others may have got this working, though I am not sure about those with the 2/16 box as I have. Also, I have read this entire thread on numerous occasions looking for advice, similarities. I only posted as there was nothing to go on.

Hi Mergleb

I am no expert in this, but I can advise that I uploaded LE to my Nexbox A95X 1gb/8gb at the weekend and all went very well. However, the one issue i did have is that the wifi is very slow and hence I have just hard wired the box via powerlines.

Well I turned the box off, pulled out the USB dongle for the wireless keyboard thinking that could have been an issue.

When I restarted the box there were about 30 FAILED messages came up and the box seemed to hang getting no further than the LibreElec screen. Never even got to Kodi.

Seems I am fated not to succeed in this. My Nexbox is the B7N 2/16 version btw.

Well I have done it all and stuck the USB into the a95x.

It booted properly from the stick, rebooted after setting the storage partition etc and then went into Kodi.

Big problem though - it is now not picking up the wifi network. Can't load anything from the file manager!
    I never had any problems when using the android in the box with wifi - now nothing.

Any ideas, solutions please?

from LibreELEC near the top of the page, it says download. I use rufus to burn this image to a microsd card.

I would then download the correct device tree (not sure for your device) device_trees

With the newly created sd card, in a windows pc you will see a partition called boot. With one of the downloaded device trees, rename it to dtb.img & copy/overwrite the one on the sd card.

Then insert the sd card into the device, while holding in the recovery switch on your box, (I don't know where that is) plug the power lead back in, after a few seconds it should boot to Libreelec

Thanks for that. When I select the option for download there are two files. Which is the correct one?

I have had a go of this before and written the USB stick. However in the boot folder it has the dtb file as still zipped up. Is this normal?
    This is what it says is on the stick? Is this normal and correct? See the attachment for an image of the folder.

Maybe all I need to do now is replace it with the correct device tree yes?

I am thoroughly confused by all this... I have a Nexbox a95x...

Where do I get the original img.gz file from - is it the gxl one or is it the one in the download section - 2008 fix or something?

Please help I can't even get started.

When I get the img file what on earth do I do with the "device tree"?

I don't have an SD slot on my computer.

Thanks for the advice.
    Is Kodi built into LibreElec?
    Or do I then have to find a copy and install it?

Also will my mini wireless keyboard still work with it?

Hi everyone. Complete novice here.

I got a NexBox a95x B7n (2gb / 16gb) a couple of weeks ago.

Had some problems with juddery video. A lot of people on Kodi forums and facebook groups have suggested I have framerate issues and have said that it is the Android software on the box causing it.

I have also been directed to this forum to get a solution on how to boot the box from a SD card to run LiebreElec instead.

A couple of questions:

1) Is this just an alternative OS to Android?
    2) Will it then be able to run Kodi? And if so how do I then load Kodi onto it?
    3) Overall how do I put LiebreElec onto the SD card in the first place as I have no SD writer? And then how do i load it onto the NexBox?

Hope someone can help please?