Putting Liebelec onto a NexBox a95x B7N using an SD card

• Hi everyone. Complete novice here.

I got a NexBox a95x B7n (2gb / 16gb) a couple of weeks ago.

Had some problems with juddery video. A lot of people on Kodi forums and facebook groups have suggested I have framerate issues and have said that it is the Android software on the box causing it.

I have also been directed to this forum to get a solution on how to boot the box from a SD card to run LiebreElec instead.

A couple of questions:

1) Is this just an alternative OS to Android?
    2) Will it then be able to run Kodi? And if so how do I then load Kodi onto it?
    3) Overall how do I put LiebreElec onto the SD card in the first place as I have no SD writer? And then how do i load it onto the NexBox?

Hope someone can help please?

• 1) Is this just an alternative OS to Android?

No. LibreELEC is designed as just enough OS for Kodi.
    But you can run LibreELEC on SD and mantain Android on NAND

2) Will it then be able to run Kodi? And if so how do I then load Kodi onto it?

Yes. Run Kodi is the main purpose of LibreELEC

3) Overall how do I put LiebreElec onto the SD card in the first place as I have no SD writer? And then how do i load it onto the NexBox?

Get the LibreELEC version for S905
    Follow the instructions, but use a USB drive instead of a SD.
    I think that should work if you insert the USB on the port labelled as USB-1

• Thanks for the advice.
    Is Kodi built into LibreElec?
    Or do I then have to find a copy and install it?

Also will my mini wireless keyboard still work with it?

Edited once, last by mergleb (October 22, 2016 at 7:34 PM).

• Thanks for the advice.
    Is Kodi built into LibreElec?
    Or do I then have to find a copy and install it?

Also will my mini wireless keyboard still work with it?

Kodi = LibreELEC = Openelec = SPMC (for android)= Kodibuntu (Linux)

With librelec on a microsd sd card, it will go straight to kodi where you can add movies & addons
    [hr]

Juddery video might be your network connection, wifi will struggle to play HD movies

Where are you getting the movies from? Streaming from dodgy addons, could be the sources just have slow network connections.

You need to read the full instructions, but basically, download the correct img.gz file for you device. to a pc. There is a tool, sd creator which you can use.
    I use rufus Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way where it says iso, select dd, then burn the img.gz file to the sd card.

Remove the power cable, insert sd card into device, hold in reset button. there will be a tiny hole on the device, use a paperclip, while holding in, plug the power lead in, wait a few seconds, then you should see the LibreELEC logo.

The next time you boot, it will automatically boot to libreelec, if you remove the sd card, it will boot to android.

Edited once, last by bubblegum57 (October 22, 2016 at 10:36 PM).

• I don't have an SD slot on my computer.