Posts by GDPR-2

GDPR-2 I think that the idea behind "common Amlogic GX project" is to use mainline kernel and V4L2 interface for HW-accelerated video playback which is yet to be written for Amlogic. GDPR-1 means to upstream the patches we have for current Amlogic state, e.g. 3.14 kernel and amcodec. As soon as I get my new laptop I will start working on upstreaming patches. Thanks to you and afl1 it will be a little easier now that the patches are rebased for Leia. :)

The patches I uploaded are specific to the S905/X and do not include your S912 changes, I had little interest in that device due to the SW decoding limitation.

I hope the LE team would allow your changes to the linux package to continue using a custom kernel in that case until the changes have been made in the future.

I totally agree with you here and this should of been done long ago, however I was waiting for the following PR to be merged before I did any PR as I believe having all amlogic based devices under 1 project is a good idea, I have been rebasing and squashing all of my commits recently to make any future PR to LE easier to merge, it's been on my mind to do it for some time.

As far as I can tell,

the currently used widevine library for ARM seems to be from this package: chromium-widevine-1.4.8.823-2-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz

Is there a newer build?

(1.4.8.)1008 version for Lin/Win is working fine, instead of the recommended 970...

I didn't manage to find a newer version that has been prebuilt, I was curious if a newer version would offer improvements in streaming Netflix than what the current version that everybody is using does.

GDPR-2 Did you manage to download the file and recreate the problem?

I have downloaded it but I haven't tested it yet, I will later

-edit

There is a new development version uploaded in the devel folder, auto updates won't work on it but it contains the very latest version of kodi and the latest patches from afl1 that will be making their way into 1.0.6

I built 64-bit from adamg-1.0.5 git tag and it works fine (including tvheadend with hts).

Too bad there is no widevine 64-bit library (it is 32-bit) in the S905 project.

Code
    # file projects/S905/filesystem/usr/lib/libwidevinecdm.so
    projects/S905/filesystem/usr/lib/libwidevinecdm.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, BuildID[sha1]=233ca3bf4ca71045c149a1ccfc911ffc25247a7d, stripped

Where is this library downloaded from? Perhaps I can find the 64-bit libwidevinecdm.so there too...

One does not exist as far as I can tell, you would have to cross compile chromium-widevine for aarch64, what is your reasoning for building 64bit? the kernel is already 64bit its only userland which is 32bit.

[script.module.inputstreamhelper] 0.2.1 by emilsvennesson · Pull Request #607 · xbmc/repo-scripts · GitHub ..was merged to Krypton so should also appear in master/Leia? - It provides a Kodi approved method for grabbing the lib. Everyone you ask will agree that downloading a 1GB ChromeOS image to extract the file sucks compared to simply embedding it, but this approach ensures the file is obtained from an official Google published location (not some random other place we happen to know exists) and ultimately it's the end-user who is initiating the install of the lib (should it break rules, licenses, or TOS etc. somewhere) and not you or us. Hopefully common sense (or better legal advice) will prevail at some future point.

chewitt I understand, I will remove it from future builds and leave it for the user to install, I just wanted to make life a little easier for those who use Netflix/Amazon

There is no 64-bit libwidevine library, only 32-bit, which is why future LE 9.0 releases have switched to the same split 64-bit kernel, 32-bit userspace arrangement as Android. Please also note that Google's license for libwidevine means it is not redistributable without signing formal agreements that result large liabilities for the signing entity. Community or personal LE releases that ignore the license and embed libwidevine for convenience will be suspended from this forum if we become aware they are doing so, because we do not want the legal attention that may result from their release here. There is a Kodi helper add-on for inputstream.adaptive that provides the libwidevine library via a user-initiated process. If it hasn't appeared in the Kodi repo yet, it will do soon - it's inclusion was agreed by Kodi developers at the recent Prague DevCon.

chewitt I wasn't aware of this, I will remove it from my build, would the addition of a script that downloads the library automatically upon boot if it does not exist be permissible? link

You can't add additional fw. New firmware have to be added at building image. In my next build I'll include this firmware. I also created PR in LibreELEC to add this fw to all builds.

Thanks, included into my latest build.

I have two slipped discs so I can understand your pain and your situation...I hope you'll solve it soon.

As I wrote some posts before, it was all about 3 (yes, 3!!!) microSD that works with 8.x but DON'T with 9.x!

The only one that works with 9.x is an old 2gb from Sandisk...!

Thanks =) glad to see you got it working in the end, you should install to the nand though, it's much better.

New version is out, 1.0.5, just do the usual reboot to trigger the update notification and reboot again once it has downloaded for it to be applied.

Changes

Thanks for the feedback afl1 . Unfortunately, your KI_Plus_dtb does not help with my remote control problem. Can I somehow debug anything?

usb-devices is showing my remote, seems obvious because some buttons work.

cat /proc/bus/input/devices shows:

The dtb file won't help your remote as I have already said... you will need to turn on debug logging and press each button on your remote that doesn't work and provide a copy of your log file so a keymap can be made. The issue can not be resolved until you provide that.

• The remote+ probox airmouse does not work anymore (reported to you already - you told me check remote.conf)
    • Starting my KI Plus without the TV on, I get a distorted screen (reported to you already - you told me bootloader issue)
    • Live TV starts beeing unstable after 2 hours, showing micro freezes every 10 seconds
    • The refreshing frequency seems to jump between 50/60Hz randomly (TV screen does not fit after reboot/playing video from addons...)

I stopped using the GDPR-2 build for now because everything works fine in 8.2.

The distorted screen problem does not occour anymore for afl1 build. The other bugs I can not really test without a working remote. I'm wondering if I'm the only one facing problems with the remote under 9.0 builds.

I hope no one gets me wrong here, I'm happy for all your efforts. Without the Libreelec builds the Amlogic devices would receive far less attention.

You was very vague in your bug report stating simply that your remote did not work, you did not state you was using an airmouse remote nor did you provide any logs. Did you try your original amlogic remote?

Live TV is not something I support as I have no access to any DVB tuner, if your referring to steaming live TV then that is another matter.

There is an option to turn off the display refresh rate change in settings and keep it set at a fixed display rate.

I'm glad everything works for you on 8.2 but my builds are clearly marked as experimental and should be treated as such, if your going to report bugs you need to be more descriptive and willing to help me get to the bottom of them rather than being vague and just saying something doesn't work. To be perfectly honest I will most likely not take the time to respond properly with very little to go, it's extremely frustrating.