Posts by elonesna

After some time guide.xml is in /data folder.

I don't know how to connect /data/guide.xml with tvheadend (I use tvheadend from linuxserver.io)?

You need to study a little more about docker. You have two alternatives: (1) Search with Google "How to mount a host directory in a Docker container", or (2) Search with Google "How to copy files from docker container to host"

No one has commented on the hardware in use with the WiFi adapter. I have seen on the deb driver installer that your adapter needs to load the driver modules 8821cu or 88x2bu. I have two similar adapters, one uses the 8821cu module, and the other uses the 88x2bu module, both work perfectly with CoreELEC on arm Amlogic aarch64 processors, and I can use the 5GHz band without problems. When I connect these adapters to my LibreELEC device x86_64 stops working and the system only recognizes the internal Intel Wireless iw* adapter.

Hi, i just installed libreelec on my mac mini late 2012.

Seems to work fine except for docker add on.

I installed portainer and a few others docker apps but once the mac restarts, everything i installed is gone.

Is there some additional settings i need to configure to fix this?

at the start of the PC.

I'm using docker with LibreELEC (x86_64), CoreELEC (aarch64), and Linux Mint (x86_64) and haven't seen any problems and nothing goes away either. With some exceptions, all previously started docker services start automatically at startup. In Linux Mint is necessary to execute the start command of the docker services and override the password entry for the sudo command, at the PC start.

Maybe you need to delve into the tutorials on how to use docker and portainer.

Sorry if my opinion bothered you, but it is based on experience, although I give you the reason that you can use your wireless adapter to watch multimedia in SD quality. When you get tired of your WiFi adapter, install an ethernet cable and you will see HD or 4K content without problems as the best alternative to installing a 5GHz WiFi adapter.

... I had read that the Tl-wn722n dongle was instantly recognized. Which is true, without drivers or anything special, works! The problem is that speedtest (in kodi) detects me 8mb download speeds (maximum 15 and in a very volatile way) ...

Don't think too much, you have an old WiFi adapter and not suitable for multimedia, not even using Windows. Your adapter could theoretically work but the requirements are so demanding that this is highly unlikely (the biggest problem in the 2.4GHz band is interference). Buy an adapter that works on the 5GHz band and your problems will disappear if your access point is not far away and the level of interference is small. Despite everything, from time to time you will see frozen images for a few moments.

Also take the opportunity to look at wikipedia something about WiFi networks Wi-Fi - Wikipedia, taking into account that the theoretical maximum speeds are half the link speed because they are half duplex links.

Sorry,

"OpenVPN without SSH": I don't understand what you mean, openvpn and ssh are not related.

"I want is to install OpenVPM on LibreElec": not clear, do you want to install an openvpn server on RPi3-LibreELEC and an openvpn client on your computer?

"My RPi3 is on a different network to my computer": not clear, is it necessary to go to the internet to establish a route from RPi3 to the computer?

"I just want to add a repository that has OpenVPV included": I don't understand anything

Please explain yourself better.

Note.- LE or the Kodi addons do not offer simple solutions for installing VPN servers. The OpenVPN server is the most difficult to configure, the WireGuard server (and also the client) is easier to configure from docker with the help of the linuxserver/wireguard service. Finally, if you have some knowledge of networks, the simplest solution to connect several devices is with the zerotier virtual network (I say this because here it is not necessary to open ports in any router, nor to establish bridges between interfaces when connected devices to zerotier network), to install this service in LE I recommend the docker bltavares/zerotier service.

(1) The WireGuard enablement method I have suggested may not be on the LE wiki but it is easier and does not require any special knowledge on the part of a user. If it is not included in the wiki it should be. Sorry if I use unusual expressions, it is the fault of my Google translator.

(2) Not even the big companies use static IPs but ddns domains that point to several and different IPs. The reason is simple, protection against failures, intrusions and attacks. If you use a single IP and it is always the same, I hope you do not suffer attacks or enter any blacklist.

(3) According to what you say WireGuard works fine in IPv6, I cannot check IPv6. There's nothing more to say.

Docker allows you to install all kinds of applications and services, the most interesting for LibreELEC are those that run headless, that is, without a local graphical environment (VPN servers, tvheadend, syncthing, ...). Applications that need a local graphical environment, for example Chrome, may collide with LibreELEC's graphical environment and may even be impossible to run.

Normal access to docker headless services configuration is via http from another device (and also through others: ftp, ssh, vnc, ...). For example, to access and configure the syncthing service, it will be normal to find it at http://<IP>:8384, the portainer service will be at http://<IP>:9000, the pihole service at http://<IP>:80, the jellyfin service at http://<IP>:8096, etc, where <IP> is the IP address of the LibreELEC device where the service was installed.

Does this clarify your doubts?

Note.- I have installed in LibreELEC a docker service called jellyfin that you may like, it allows sharing through DLNA the entire multimedia library and tvheadend satellite television channels with all the smart TVs in my house. To watch a Kodi addon from LibreELEC on another Smart TV, a player-addon that plays other addons via DLNA or Miracast would be necessary. This does not exist.

(1) I don't understand the weird things you're doing. To use a WireGuard IPv4 client I don't need any command. To activate the connection I go to Kodi System-LibreELEC-Connections-WireGuard_VPN, this connection can be configured in manual mode or automatic mode and then it establishes itself after each reboot.

(2) I would like to have a dynamic IPv4 address because I think it gives more security, less vulnerability, and less problems. Using a ddns is no problem, for many years I used duckdns and a little command in /storage/.config/autostart.sh to update the ddns LE/CE IP address.

(3) If IPv6 does not work for you, it is most likely a problem with your internet provider. To check this, go to Test your IPv6. with any device connected to the router or to the home WiFi.

Thanks elonesna! But I understand that this is to use Raspberry Pi as a WireGuard server, right? I would need to set up an external VPN server.

This tutorial is for Raspberry Pi and any other device that uses LibreELEC or CoreELEC. It has two parts: (1) How to create and launch a WireGuard server, and (2) how to create and launch a WireGuard client.

If you already have a WireGuard server then you will only need a WireGuard client. If you want to create a network of connected devices then some of them will need to be the server and the rest the clients.

If you don't know what a VPN server or VPN client is, then you have to study a bit first.

An empty house should have a better warning/alarm system than just one or two cameras IMHO.

I'm not really worried about the building, the possibility that the brick walls with reinforced concrete structure, or grounds being stolen is very remote ^^. Right now I am only relying on insurance and notices from the police and neighbors, but what worries me most are the occupations of buildings, which in my country is a real plague. For this I would only need a camera inside the house.

Considering that LE / CE is not helping with this, the alternative I see is the installation of a network camera with distant ftp recording using a VPN client in LE / CE for recordings in the main house.

You could also try a full-OS Linux solution like Ubuntu. It should have more hardware drivers available.

So how many cameras are you planning on using?

Consider the following scenario: A secondary house that is empty for a long time, only occupied a few months a year or weekends.

Would you leave an Ubuntu PC to handle the surveillance cameras so it can be stolen? Excuse me, I'm thinking of leaving a € 25 TV Box with LE or CE to manage the surveillance cameras and send the recordings to the main house. In this way, in case of theft or occupation of the house you will always have the recordings and if the TV Box is stolen you only lost € 25.

So far I have not done anything related to this matter, and this is because LE / CE do not provide facilities for it. I am obviously dismissing the alternative of paying a monthly surveillance fee.

My devices are based on LibreELEC and CoreELEC. Not all are in the same home, but in four different homes. I have a main server with hard drives and satellite tuners in my main home, and a distant secondary server that sends SAT>IP TV channels to main server.

Well, all devices are networked via Zerotier in domain 10.10.10.0 and also via WireGuard in domain 10.10.20.0. This allows me to make changes to the networks without irretrievably losing the connection with the devices.

I have no problem managing all devices with my smartphone via SSH, SFTP and VNC from anywhere.

I don't know how others do things, I'm going to tell you what I do:

In LE I have many server services installed, and among them are Zerotier and WireGuard, for the remote connection I preferably use Zerotier VPN, where my LE has the IP address 10.10.10.1, and as an alternative I also have WireGuard VPN available, where my LE has the IP address 10.10.20.1. So then, with my smartphone from anywhere I can access to portainer in LE with the IPs 10.10.10.1 and 10.10.20.1, and check, for example, which containers have been updated by the container updater ouroboros, and also put running and stopping other containers. Obviously, with my smartphone I can open an SSH session with Termius or an SFTP session with the X-plore file explorer at any time to do other things.

Does this help you?

I have installed docker nexcloud twice, the first time with nginx and mariadb, and the second time with apache and mariadb. I have LE installed on an Intel i5 mini PC with 8GB RAM with plenty of power for the requirements. In spite of everything, nexcloud works with an unacceptable slowness. I may not have applied enough tweaks but I think nextcloud is not made for home use, I will continue to use syncthing because it works great with any processor!