OpenVPN without SSH

• Hi,

Sorry for asking this but as always i become very thick at this time.

All i want is to install OpenVPM on LibreElec but it seems more difficult than it should be.

My RPi3 is on a different network to my computer (for obvious reasons).

I just want to add a repository that has OpenVPV included.

Again sorry but i thought this was standard these days.

Thanks

• Rename /storage/.config/system.d/openvpn.service.sample to /storage/.config/system.d/openvpn.service and read the file for further instructions on how to setup a boot-time OpenVPN service.

• Sorry,

"OpenVPN without SSH": I don't understand what you mean, openvpn and ssh are not related.

"I want is to install OpenVPM on LibreElec": not clear, do you want to install an openvpn server on RPi3-LibreELEC and an openvpn client on your computer?

"My RPi3 is on a different network to my computer": not clear, is it necessary to go to the internet to establish a route from RPi3 to the computer?

"I just want to add a repository that has OpenVPV included": I don't understand anything

Please explain yourself better.

Note.- LE or the Kodi addons do not offer simple solutions for installing VPN servers. The OpenVPN server is the most difficult to configure, the WireGuard server (and also the client) is easier to configure from docker with the help of the linuxserver/wireguard service. Finally, if you have some knowledge of networks, the simplest solution to connect several devices is with the zerotier virtual network (I say this because here it is not necessary to open ports in any router, nor to establish bridges between interfaces when connected devices to zerotier network), to install this service in LE I recommend the docker bltavares/zerotier service.

Edited 5 times, last by elonesna (February 1, 2021 at 11:40 AM).