Posts by ghtester

ATSC, DTMB, DVB-T/DVB-T2, and ISDB-T - Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT)

NTSC perhaps not = analog = obsolete

DVB-T2 not for North America I don't think.

All the sticks I mentioned also supports DVB-T and Astrometa also supports analog TV / SDR but of course I don't know what's the status in your location.

Edit: Ahh, just looked at your tuner so it's ATSC. See the comparison: 201908_dvb_and_atsc3_compared_infographic_a5.pdf

So you can't realy use any tuners we mentioned here...

It looks you already gave it up so the last advice - I would try to disable one tuner and check if there's any change...

Also make sure you have the latest USB firmware installed on your RPi 4B ( see RE: Is it possible already to set up a rpi4 with kernel 5.4? ). There're some updates regarding to isochronous transfers in past as well.

And do not underestimate the power for your devices, it's really important.

Regarding to another DVB-T2 sticks, I am using MyGica T230C, T230C2 and two Astrometa models with Sony & Panasonic demodulators.

T230C / C2 is working best on latest LE versions, with Astrometa I had more struggling but currently it's working also fine for me (and the hardware has some advantages, like SDR functionality and the driver supports all IR protocols).

The problem is - you usually don't know what exactly you'll receive when ordering on eBay / Aliexpress. The stick may look the same but inside the HW is different. But I have ordered MyGica tuners through Aliexpress from original store and negotiated the specific version before.

I would say it's a converter (with an input data file for Germany already present there) which will work for any country (or any specific location).

So if you install DVB Tools add-on, use w_scan in Croatia and put the scan file to that convertor, you should get the Tvheadend's definition file for that specific location. It's not so hard to do it even manually for several channels visible around or edit the current ones (to change the Delivery system from DVB-T to DVB-T2 and a Bandwith appropriately).

Or a wait until somebody refreshes the default definition files.

Kodi only accepts htsp

The client is HTSP so that''s probably why.

Nevertheless, pass is default and also used for recording.

I have never struggled with stream settings as defaults worked. Now I tried to enable the Restart on error: option and disable the Switch to another service: option for both htsp and pass profiles to see if there's any change when the signal level drops...

Possible bad (new) Haupagge tuner?

Well, try the USB 2.0 port as well... USB 3.0 is not always the best choice for some devices. Also, the dual tuner stick is a bit power hungry. There's no extra power reserve on USB ports of RPi 4B, it also depends on your power supply. So you may try to use some USB hub with external power (or make a USB cable fork to bring a hard 5V to your USB tuner).

My tuners sometimes hangs after switching to another channel but it's then visible in dmesg output and in this case USB port power off / on is necessary to make it working again (I suppose the reason is most likely the low power / long USB extension cord issue).

No problem.

I have upgraded to LE 9.80 couple weeks / months ago so you may be in different situation. I am sure I had to reinstall some (or even all) old add-ons (one time, after upgrade from LE 9.2.6 to 9.80 nightly) and I did NOT need to install them from .zip or from another 3rd party source.

Subsequent 9.80 nightly build upgrades are sometimes upgrading the installed add-ons automatcally.

You should be able to visit Kodi Settings - Add-ons - Install from repository - All repositories (or LibreELEC Add-ons Team LibreELEC - 9.80.8 which should be also visible there).

Then (after old versions are uninstalled and device rebooted) install:

> Services - Tvheadend Server 4.2 Team LibreELEC - 9.80.8.125

> PVR clients - Tvheadend HTSP Client Adam Sutton.... 8.1.2.1

BTW. in Settings - System - Add-ons I have enabled Unknown sources and set Update official add-ons from > Official repositories only (default)

If nothing works and you don't mind the current settings, start the fresh LE 9.80 nightly installation from scratch using the .gz image.

Well, in my case the aq drops to zero (sometimes) only when there's a bad DVB-T2 signal reception, then audio stops (and can be recovered only by tuning to another channel or by stopping and starting play on the same channel) but in most cases the video is still running, sometimes in worst cases it also stops.

So from my perspective the audio is more sensitive to data stream corruption than video. I would expect audio could be recovered when the signal level returns to good value but usually it does not happen. As soon as the stream is corrupted, from point of corruption the data is (at least partially) useless - it's visible also when Timeshift is active - as soon as the 'aq=zero' issue happens, after that point audio is silent even if you skip forward, when you return before that point, audio + video is OK.

So the question is - could the data stream suffer a corruption in your case as well? And the wait is due to missing (corrupted) block or is that nonsense?

Don't you see any Transport Errors / Continuity Errors in Tvheadend's Status page on your adapter?

To show the currently installed bootloader version / config:

rpi-eeprom-update

vcgencmd bootloader_version

vcgencmd bootloader_config

Make sure you have the HDD adapter powered properly (external power is best, although for SSD HDD it should not be necessary but depends on HDD model).

BTW. em28xx is NOT the HDD adapter, this is your DVB-C/T USB stick (which may be also a bit power hungry)

Regarding to newer kernel, you may try the latest test LE 9.80 Nightly build from today which already has 5.10.1 kernel version ( LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-nightly-20201219-c7aa22f.tar )

The firmware version check / update can be easily done from Kodi - Settings - Libreelec - Updates - Firmware Updates

An alternative upgrade to the latest USB firmware:

Code
    cd /tmp
    wget -c https://github.com/raspberrypi/rpi-eeprom/raw/master/firmware/stable/vl805-000138a1.bin 
    rpi-eeprom-update /tmp/vl805-000138a1.bin
    reboot
    #

An alternative upgrade to the latest (stable) bootloader:

Edit (2022-08-05) - bootloader link updated to current stable version

Well, there're no details about SW versions that you're running, is the client add-on also Tvheadend? And what about some other add-ons (if installed) - a possible conflict there?

I had no such issue running Tvheadend HTSP Client and Tvheadend Server 4.2 add-ons locally on RPi 4B, LE 9.2.5, 9.2.6, 9.80 Nightly and 2 different USB DVB-T2 tuners.

I understand your configuration is different but maybe the Tvheadend Server's side configuration or PVR & Live TV configuration settings in Kodi may also play a role. Perhaps try to look at OTA EPG settings, disable EPG temporarily etc... Also I would try to latest LE Nightly 9.80, from my perspective it works pretty fine ( Index of / ).

And also can this be fixed if I format the sd card and then re flash the libreelec image cause it was working properly until today afternoon

You may try with the same or with another SD card.

Regarding to logs - you need to connect to your RPi through SSH using Putty ( Download PuTTY: latest release (0.74) ) or another SSH client.

It should be easy with default Putty settings, just enter the IP of your RPi and click Open. Default username is root and password libreelec

Then change the Putty settings (right mouse button click to blue header - Change settings - Window - Lines of scrollback --> 999999, Apply)

Then copy & paste this text to Putty's window and press Enter:

cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crash.log

dmesg

Then click the Putty's blue header again, select Copy All to Clipboard, paste your clipboard to pastebin.com and put a link here.

I would say you can put the .gz file as well. It just contains additional partition(s) so you can use it for installation image. But the update should work the same for .gz and .tar files (when you put it to /storage/.update folder and reboot the device). Your settings (or most of your settings) should be preserved. Always make a backup before the upgrade anyway.

It's not there, AFAIK you can access that settings only when you play the media - then push OK, select the wheel (Settings) icon in bottom right corner, select Video settings from menu and after changing the Deinterlace method (which is currently grayed in my latest LE 9.80 Nightly) you should select Set as default for all media. It's described in some other thread here.

Also for Analogue output might be necessary (perhaps it depends on LE version) to add this to /flash/config.txt file:

# Enable audio jack output

dtparam=audio=on

BTW. in latest LE 9.80 nightly which is using ALSA drivers the Audio output device configuration is a bit different from latest LE 9.2.6 official and AFAIK it does not allow output to Analogue ( = bcm2835 Headphones) jack and to HDMI at the same time anymore.