Really broke something "Illegal Instruction" for shutdown -r now

• Has anyone ever seen this before?

I had to use some very obscure commands, to reboot my Pi from SSH. Something went pretty critically wrong with my system and I'd love to identify the cause.

This isn't a critical problem as I have now rebooted it, but I'm very curious what could cause this?

"systemctl start reboot.target"

Same error.

Dmesg:>

[53266.365393] systemd: 37 output lines suppressed due to ratelimiting

[237211.330113] vchiq: 0: ignoring ERROR from callback to service c00b

[306445.568291] No dialect specified on mount. Default has changed to a more secure dialect, SMB2.1 or later (e.g. SMB3), from CIFS (SMB1). To use the less secure SMB1 dialect to access old servers which do not support SMB3 (or SMB2.1) specify vers=1.0 on mount.

[310280.982565] No dialect specified on mount. Default has changed to a more secure dialect, SMB2.1 or later (e.g. SMB3), from CIFS (SMB1). To use the less secure SMB1 dialect to access old servers which do not support SMB3 (or SMB2.1) specify vers=1.0 on mount.

"reboot" same error.

"telinit 6"

Same error :(

Ok the ONLY way I could remotely reboot was this.

Code
    $ sudo echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq
    Code
    $ sudo echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger

The last thing in Kodi.Log was over 24 hours ago.

Edited 5 times, last by FeFiFoFum: Merged a post created by FeFiFoFum into this post. (December 25, 2020 at 4:26 AM).

• Have you tried?:

Code
    shutdown -r now

Yes, that's the first thing I tried. All that same error.

I'm more curious why it occurred and now how to reboot it. I've managed to reboot it with 2 obscure commands that google tells me, I shouldn't get in the habit of using.

(see my full post - end)

• So if the issue is still the same after reboot, it looks your LE installation is somehow broken (maybe the SD card issue) because this problem does not happen on a clean LE. Check the dmesg output if there're some errors, the few published lines from kodi.log does say nothing.