Posts by embeleco

Milhouse. It worked out perfectly :) As you said I ended copying the sources.xml file to all my other Kodi instances as if I add a file etc I needed to go to my home theater (LibreELEC) and update the library there... so now I can update the library from any kodi I'm connected to. Thanks a lot for all your help.

I have two more problems.. I want your feedback.

1. I'm running libreELEC ver 8.2.0 build from cVH as I needed some dvb drivers to work with my USB Tuner driver I used for OTA connected to the libreELEC HTPC running on an Intel NUC. Does your latest Leia builds have those drivers built in? I tried one Leia build not remember from who and I had to revert back as everything was broken :)

2. I'm running Kodi 17.4 I think it is on libreELEC v8.2.0 on an Intel NUC 4th Generation Intel Core i3-4010U. Everytime I tried to run an HEVC file (H.265) kody start freezing and crashing. Almost sure it is too much for that CPU. I was wondering if getting a new 7th Generation Intel Core i5 NUC edition and move everything there (it is my main HTPC) or maybe there is other cheaper solution where I can put libreELEC, have my OTA Tuner working with Leia and of course play some decent HEVC and later on some 4K 10-bit HDR of course when time comes to that.

I would like to hear your opinions and recommendations on the matter and again thank you very much for helping getting the external DB and watched settings replicated correctly and in an easy way.

-Jose

I'll give it a shot with your texturecache script. But I have some doubts.. If I ran the script for getting the watch status/count/etc on the existing library and directory kodi is using.. once I move Kodi on libreELEC to use the new sources with NFS:// will the watch status / etc will be apply correctly? If that is the case.. then let me know if the order of steps is correct:

1. Run texturecache script for getting all the watched status / count / etc for both existing local sources (Movies/TVs) [of course I need to know how to install the script on my existing libreELEC.

2. drop the database all the database all together and start fresh

3. point kodi on libreelec to the new mysql empty database

4. delete the existing mount of NFS shares at the OS level with the autostart.sh

5. add the NFS shares to kodi on libreelec and scrape the contents to the new library

6. then ran the texturecache again to restore the watched status / count / resume / etc on kodi libreelec

then what do I do on my other kodi instances besides pointing them to the new external database? Do I need to do something else to get the watched count etc on those boxes as well? Or will that start coming from the database?

Also if the order is not right let me know ... I am a good listener and thanks a lot for helping me on this.

Milhouse that is too advanced for me. :( Not sure how to work that texturecache utility and to do the nfs://paths on mysql as I did the library export using the client on libreelec. Kodi is not seeing the NFS path as I'm mounting the NFS shares within the libreelec OS using a script.

Also weird as:

21:52:39.020 T:18446744072529132944 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url /storage/downloads/xbmc_videodb_2018-07-13/movies/Toy_Story_3_2010-poster.jpg

that locations is where I did the export of the library (/storage/downloads/) on libreelec and what I used for importing the library back into libreelec kodi after I change kodi to use the external database using the advancedsettings.xml file. Not sure why it is actually using that path at all.

Thanks for the help milhouse. Yes the movies play successfully on the firestick with path substitution. The only thing I don't have on the firestick is artwork / thumbnails / etc. I'm just trying to get it working as I don't want to loose my watched status / etc... but if the solution is to start fresh oh well.

I don't plan to add a new content to the database from the firestick so nfs// path should not be on the database but again I'm not the expert here. Below the log I capture minutes ago

hastebin

-embeleco

Thanks milhouse.

Instead of changing the LibreELEC client settings I opted for using the path substitution on the other kodi clients and they are working fine.. I deleted all the shares I have on my other kodi instances and with path substitution I can access now the actual files and playback is working surfing the central library on the mysql db.

Now my last problem are the artwork / thumbnails. On the LibreELEC client (the one I did the library export / created the mysql db / import library) all the artwork / thumbnails are displayed correctly. But on my other kodi instances all of that is missing. Not sure how to tackle that problem. Any simple way to get that fix?

-embeleco

I think that my problem is that on the main kodi (LibreELEC) I am doing the mount on the OS itself and then kodi is seeing the source as a local source and on the firestick kodi the source shows up as an NFS drive in Kodi. How can I fix that without changing my libreelec deployment. Below the source.xml file for both kodi instances:

Kodi (LibreELEC)

<sources>

<programs>

<default pathversion="1"></default>

</programs>

<video>

<source>

<name>Videos</name>

<path pathversion="1">/storage/videos/</path>

<allowsharing>true</allowsharing>

</source>

<source>

<name>TV Shows</name>

<path pathversion="1">/storage/tvshows/</path>

</source>

Kodi (FireStick)

<sources>

<programs>

</programs>

<video>

<source>

<name>videos</name>

<path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.1.121/volume1/video/</path>

</source>

Maybe using path substitution on the advancedsetting.xml but not sure how to use that.

-embeleco

Team. Probably a silly question. I have my main Kodi Instance where I mounting my shares using NFS within the autostart.sh and that is running on LibreELEC (Kodi 17.5). I move the library to an external SQL and everything works fine. Now I started with my 2nd instance and copied the advancedsettings.xml (FireStick - Kodi 17.6) and I can see the library and watched marks etc. but I'm unable to play any file. I know I'm missing something but not sure what is. Below my NFS mount on the main Kodi (LibreELEC)

mount -t nfs 192.168.1.121:/volume1/video /storage/videos -o nolock; \

mount -t nfs 192.168.1.121:/volume1/TV /storage/tvshows/ -o nolock; \

I tried mounting my media sources on the 2nd Kodi instance via NFS the video add source within Kodi and didn't scan the content as I think it will add duplicates to my library if path is different (not sure). I name the mount volumes the same (/storage/videos and /storage/tvshows/) and still getting the file no longer available error message. If I go directly to the video source and select a file from there I can play the file no problem so the share is working fine.

What I'm missing here?

THanks in advanced.

-embeleco

CvH.

I'm now catching up on this.. which build do you recommend for getting the best HEVC playback. I'm running LE8.2 right now on Intel NUC 7th Generation Skylake i3 and playback of HEVC is freezing/buggy/etc. Can you provide the link for the build? ALso I need the dvb drivers same as on LE8.2

Thanks and sorry for reviving and old thread.

-JJ

CvH,

Do yiu have an LE9 build with the same dba support for the usb tunners? I.m using one of your LE8 builds with it to get my tunner to work with tvheadend. I would like to try the LE9 beta builds for testing couple of hevc files that I have that are not working on LE8 17.6. It crash Kodi after running for couple of seconds...

CvH,

I'm trying to install your generic Build of 8.2.0 but it is failing with the following message:

"Your system (FAT) partition is too small for this update, and there is not enough space for the update to be installed!.

You must re-install your system using the disk image of a current release, or you must re-size your existing partitions

so that the system (FAT) partition is at least 512MB size."

If I choose the 8.2.0 build directly from LibreElec it goes without any issue. I'm not a guru on linux so any help?

-embeleco

Team.

Currently running LibreElec 8.0.2 with TVHeadend 4.2 using a WinTV 955Q tuner and all is working good. The tunner appears on TVheadend as a TV adapter LGTD3306A VSB/QAM ATSC-T and ATSC-C with the T option configured and working. Once I update LibreElec to anyother version 8.1 or 8.2 the tunner only shows up as ATSC-T option but when trying any channel from the guide it comes back as No Signal.

On LibreElec 8.0.2 I’m running TVHeadend 4.2.2.32. When running LibreElec 8.2.0 TVHeadend goes to 4.2.3.20 but again no signal on every channel I tried. I used TVheadend a lot and for that reason I’m stuck in LibreElec v8.0.2.

Any idea? Am I doing something wrong?

-embeleco

ignatov,

It is working now with THV 4.2. I ran into some issues while mapping the channels... but I delete all the TVH folders and started all over again and this time it works fine.. EPG Guide is working without doing any changes and using the guide_wpg.xml file from Webgrabplus.

Thanks a lot for your help.

ignatov,

Using the mediaportal.xml was an improvement.. now the offset is just one hour instead of five. I uncheck / check the EIT Local Time on THV but did nothing.. ofcourse each time restarting TVH. Also clear cache on Kodi etc.

I think is time to play with TVH 4.2