hevc x265 files won't play

• Hi

I just got an RPi3 with libreELEC 8.2.1 - so I'm a total noob.

I can't get it to play hevc x265 video files at all. It's completely fine with other large, 1080p x264 files, so I don't think it's a processing issue.

It doesn't even display the thumbnail fo these files properly, it just shows pixel noise. When I try to play the files it stops at 1sec and displays a recurring "buffering wheel" in the middle of a black screen, which repeatedly goes from 70-100.

I don't know what to do, and can't find any threads that mention this. Please help! =O

• CvH,

Do yiu have an LE9 build with the same dba support for the usb tunners? I.m using one of your LE8 builds with it to get my tunner to work with tvheadend. I would like to try the LE9 beta builds for testing couple of hevc files that I have that are not working on LE8 17.6. It crash Kodi after running for couple of seconds...

• CvH.

I'm now catching up on this.. which build do you recommend for getting the best HEVC playback. I'm running LE8.2 right now on Intel NUC 7th Generation Skylake i3 and playback of HEVC is freezing/buggy/etc. Can you provide the link for the build? ALso I need the dvb drivers same as on LE8.2

Thanks and sorry for reviving and old thread.

-JJ

• Official Post

@ embeleco

Do not 'hijack' other people's forum thread like you have done here, old topic or not.

If you have a LibreELEC problem, create your own topic/thread.

If you want new Intel hardware for HEVC playback, get the latest. Intel 4105 or 5005 chipset-based Lake hardware, or spend some more on Silver/Gold Pentiums, or Core i3/5/7 8x00 hardware. It's your wallet. :)

Just note that Kodi developers are dependent on Intel drivers and/or BIOS'es to get the most out of the hardware when running on Linux. Development takes time, such as HDR support which is still a work in progress.