Posts by adam.h.

So here is the update:

• Booted it from MediCat USB as CvH suggested (btw. this is really amazing tool, but I did not use "official" installer as my Windows raised security threats). Anyways I booted into its "mini Win 10" but these Intel tools showed exactly the same errors.
    • So I gave up with the attempt to update it via usb stick. I found unused M.2 SSD in my drawer, I will replace it in the NUC and go regular way - install Win 10 and run updaters.

So I tried to use win-to-go usb stick to run Win 10 out of it and execute that hdmi patch from Intel (as this exec is running only from Win 10) - hoping that this approach will not jeopardize my LE setup there.

What a pain! Tried with 32 and 64 bits Win 10 recovery disk, then official Win 10 iso images (again 32 and 64 bits) which Rufus can use to build win-to-go usb stick - and neither worked properly, they did not want to boot or were crashing soon after booting. Finally it booted nicely from HirenPE, and then (obviously) Intel tools started failing, I suppose as Hiren is missing specific NUC drivers.

So here is my collection so far - screenshot and the log file:

Code: Log
    Gfx Selection = 0
    Graphics adapter initialization - NVIDIA: failed! (-2)
    Graphics adapter initialization - AMD: Loading DLL failed!
    Graphics adapter initialization - Intel (LS-PCON): failed! (-2147221164)
    Graphics adapter initialization failed!
    [Chip Information]
    Reset Bobcat failed!

Hiren seems to have option to add custom drivers, but the problem with NUC is that most of these drivers are in a form of exe file which just need to be executed on the device. Ughh.

Well, I tried LE-10.0.2 on my NUC10i5FNH box and it did not discover any audio device, bummer. I'm using AVR over the HDMI.

So I switched to last SMP build LE-11.0-devel and at least it discovered my audio device. There are some other problems (not sure if this is just my AVR setup or something else), but I can live with that:

• pasthrough mode is not working for some audio streams, so I disabled it completely:
      • E-AC-3 JOC with forced mode gives muted dialog channel, while stream without forced mode seems to work fine
      • AC-3 is muted completely
      • with disabled passthrough audio these streams work fine
    • HDR is shuttering.

Is there any option in LE setup to disable/ignore HDR?

buy logitech smart hub or similar device, it will allow you to use single remote for all devices and can start them in proper sequence (like: TV, then AVR, then RPi), you can also add delays between these devices if needed.

in my case single button on the remote starts the sequence which is switching on TV, AVR, RPi and then switching the pilot to mixed AVR/Kodi mode - volume buttons work for AVR, while other buttons work for Kodi, the whole startup sequence takes around 15-20 secs.

I'm running 9.0.2 on two platforms: Intel Atom and RasPi 3, trying with the same USB SSD disk. No issues at all on Intel.

On RasPi each time I watch the movie, next time the disk doesn't mount, when I connect it to regular PC it shows "disk corrupted", but quick scan & fix is repairing it without loosing any data.

So I have weird procedure:

1. fix the SSD in Windows PC (just scan & repair)

2. connect it to OE on RasPi, watch the movie

3. switch off all, now the disk appears to be corrupted, so when I start OE/RasPi again, it will not see this USB SSD anymore

4. so go to step 1

What OE/RasPi logs may help to pinpoint this issue? Or maybe I missed that is is known issue?