Posts by rosede

I just stood up a new RPi4 4GB with Libreelec v9.2.1. It's just is not seeing the 5GHZ WIFI network. It can only see the 2.4GHZ. I have two other RPi4 devices and they all see the 5G. Why is this one different? The signal is strong, so it should show up, but it does not show. The only difference that I am aware of, is the others were upgraded to v9.2.1 from and older release, where as this one was built new.

Any idea's?

Thanks

Daryl

For the RPi devices you can download the appropriate LibreELEC*.img.gz file, transfer the file to the /storage/.update/ folder, and then reboot the RPi. On bootup the RPi will extract and install the image.

Okay. I've done that for updates, e.g. 8.x to 8.x.x, and the update was in a tarball. I didn't know that would work for an image file.

Thanks for the informaiton. I'll give it a try.

It's okay to split it into multiple parts and upload them. Ubuntu Pastebin can fit somewhat larger files.

Some time next year. There are some issues on the compiling server.

LibreELEC will come some time after Kodi 18 final.

For whatever reason, the split logs will not upload, so I uploaded to the Ubuntu Pastebin as suggested.

Streaming was fine until I pressed stop, the video hung and I had to reboot in order to recover the pi. This particular time, I was watching something from my storage device. But it also happens when streaming PVR.

Thank you.

Daryl

You can enable debugging also via the advancedsettings.xml file, and use loglevel 1, so there won't be any onscreen info. Debugging will be 'on' by default that way.

You can enable debugging also via the advancedsettings.xml file, and use loglevel 1, so there won't be any onscreen info. Debugging will be 'on' by default that way.

That's good to know. I'll remember that for the next time that I need to put something into debug mode.

However, for some reason I'm not able to upload the file. It was to large to upload so I had to split it up, but I get an "unknown error" trying to upload the split files.

When will kodi 18 be released? Perhaps its just best to wait for the next release of LibreElec.

Thanks

Daryl

08:34:19.452 T:1944646208 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

Please enabled next time debugging, and restart Kodi for a clean log.

I didn't see much video play info, perhaps with the new debug log, more info turns up.

Also, Kodi 8.2.5 is basically "old news", Kodi 18 is just around the corner.

Perhaps you can try LibreELEC 8.90.009 and see if the outcome is better?

The problem with enabling debugging is, I don't know when this will happen, and debugging can fill up the logs if I just turn it on and leave it running.

Also, I guess I didn't specify that the 8.2.5 is not kodi, but LibreElec. This is Kodi 17.6.

I'll see what I can do about forcing this to happen with debugging enabled.

Thanks

Daryl

I have multiple RPi2 devices all running Libreelec 8.2.5, Kodi 17.6. One common problem is that from time to time they will all hang when the remote stop button is pushed and the only way to get the pi back is to ssh into it and reboot it.

The attached log files are recent examples where someone was streaming video, either PVR or a video stored on a storage device and they pushed the stop button on the remote and the video hung.

I've replaced the pi's, replaced the SD cards, but it doesn't matter, they still hang. I've considered possible addon's, running just base installs, no additional addon's, and it still happens. They're all setup almost identical. They all have a NextPVR client, all are setup to stream from a NAS storage device and use MySQL. The primary pi actually has more addon's and is less likely to lockup, but when it does, it locks up so hard I have to pull power. I can't even ssh into it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Daryl

You're over thinking the issue (which doesn't exist). Put the card in the device and boot, and after first-boot the temporary 32MB partition will have been resized to the full capacity of the card.

I did and it did not expand. I don't remember the error off the top of my head. I'll rebuild the card and try again. Perhaps it was a one off issue and will work this time.

I'll let you know if it works. Thanks for the help.

Daryl

I just got a new Kingston 8GB Ultra 10 card. I did a fresh download of LibreElec and installed. The install created two partitions, a boot partition and then a 32mb empty partition. At first I thought that it was LibreElec and re-downloaded the image. I downloaded the image multiple times and even the LibreElec SD creator. I installed from both a Linux desktop as well as a Windows desktop and finally decided that it was the card and not the image.

Are the Kingston cards not supported? I've used other brand cards and never had an issue. I've used SanDisk and Sony cards and some brand cards and never had an issue. Why the issue with Kingston card?

Thanks

Daryl

Have you tried enabling "Sync Playback to Display"?

I've never heard of, or seen this option before and I've looked through those menu's a million times. Must have just glossed over it when setting up the pi.

I enabled the setting and we'll see how it works.

Thank you.

Daryl

I switched to LibreElec from OpenElec about six month's or so ago. Ever since switching, I've had audio/video sync issues when watching live TV via NextPVR. I use a mix of RPi2 and RPi3 devices. It doesn't matter which pi I'm using, over a period of time, when streaming live TV, the audio and video get out of sync. All of my pi's are properly MPEG licensed.

I never had this issue with OpenElec, only with LibreElec. This and a few other issues that I've been experiencing are making me think that I need to switch to OSMC or something else. One of those other issues is the TV guide not progressing or scrolling when the TV is off and left on the guide. I have to exit completely out of the guide and get back in to get the latest guide listings. I was once told that is a Kodi issue, not a LibreElec issue. But again, I never had that issue with OpenElec.

I can live with the guide issue, but the audio/video sync issue is something that is becoming a major issue for me, and I'm ready to dump LibreElec. And as I said, this is not just one pi experiencing the issue, its all of them.

Thanks

Daryl

rosede, I am using nordvpn, you have to select user defined. I have nord server config files saved to a location on my devices, & point the config to that folder

Select user define? Since when? I have two other RPi's that use NordVPN and I didn't select user define on those. I select NordVPN, enter in my credentials, downloaded the opvn files and was able to connect to vpn servers.

Thanks

Hello,

I've just built two new RPi media devices. I'm attempting to install VPN Manager on both, and I get the exact same error:

20:10:09.045 T:1458566048 NOTICE: VPN Mgr : (vpnproviders.py) Checking downloaded ovpn files for NordVPN with GitHub files

20:10:09.387 T:1458566048 ERROR: VPN Mgr : (vpnproviders.py) Can't get the metadata from Github for NordVPN

20:10:09.387 T:1458566048 ERROR: VPN Mgr : (vpnproviders.py) HTTP Error 404: Not Found

20:10:10.266 T:1458566048 ERROR: VPN Mgr : (common.py) Unable to download the VPN provider files. Check log and try again.

I'm using VPN Manager 4.1.0 and my VPN provider is NordVPN.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Daryl