Streaming hangs when stopped

• I have multiple RPi2 devices all running Libreelec 8.2.5, Kodi 17.6. One common problem is that from time to time they will all hang when the remote stop button is pushed and the only way to get the pi back is to ssh into it and reboot it.

The attached log files are recent examples where someone was streaming video, either PVR or a video stored on a storage device and they pushed the stop button on the remote and the video hung.

I've replaced the pi's, replaced the SD cards, but it doesn't matter, they still hang. I've considered possible addon's, running just base installs, no additional addon's, and it still happens. They're all setup almost identical. They all have a NextPVR client, all are setup to stream from a NAS storage device and use MySQL. The primary pi actually has more addon's and is less likely to lockup, but when it does, it locks up so hard I have to pull power. I can't even ssh into it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Daryl

• 08:34:19.452 T:1944646208 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

Please enabled next time debugging, and restart Kodi for a clean log.

I didn't see much video play info, perhaps with the new debug log, more info turns up.

Also, Kodi 8.2.5 is basically "old news", Kodi 18 is just around the corner.

Perhaps you can try LibreELEC 8.90.009 and see if the outcome is better?

• 08:34:19.452 T:1944646208 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

Please enabled next time debugging, and restart Kodi for a clean log.

I didn't see much video play info, perhaps with the new debug log, more info turns up.

Also, Kodi 8.2.5 is basically "old news", Kodi 18 is just around the corner.

Perhaps you can try LibreELEC 8.90.009 and see if the outcome is better?

The problem with enabling debugging is, I don't know when this will happen, and debugging can fill up the logs if I just turn it on and leave it running.

Also, I guess I didn't specify that the 8.2.5 is not kodi, but LibreElec. This is Kodi 17.6.

I'll see what I can do about forcing this to happen with debugging enabled.

Thanks

Daryl

• You can enable debugging also via the advancedsettings.xml file, and use loglevel 1, so there won't be any onscreen info. Debugging will be 'on' by default that way.

You can enable debugging also via the advancedsettings.xml file, and use loglevel 1, so there won't be any onscreen info. Debugging will be 'on' by default that way.

That's good to know. I'll remember that for the next time that I need to put something into debug mode.

However, for some reason I'm not able to upload the file. It was to large to upload so I had to split it up, but I get an "unknown error" trying to upload the split files.

When will kodi 18 be released? Perhaps its just best to wait for the next release of LibreElec.

Thanks

Daryl

• However, for some reason I'm not able to upload the file.

It's okay to split it into multiple parts and upload them. Ubuntu Pastebin can fit somewhat larger files.

When will kodi 18 be released? Perhaps its just best to wait for the next release of LibreElec.

Some time next year. There are some issues on the compiling server.

LibreELEC will come some time after Kodi 18 final.

• It's okay to split it into multiple parts and upload them. Ubuntu Pastebin can fit somewhat larger files.

Some time next year. There are some issues on the compiling server.

LibreELEC will come some time after Kodi 18 final.

For whatever reason, the split logs will not upload, so I uploaded to the Ubuntu Pastebin as suggested.

Streaming was fine until I pressed stop, the video hung and I had to reboot in order to recover the pi. This particular time, I was watching something from my storage device. But it also happens when streaming PVR.

Thank you.

Daryl