Partial install on Kingston card

• I just got a new Kingston 8GB Ultra 10 card. I did a fresh download of LibreElec and installed. The install created two partitions, a boot partition and then a 32mb empty partition. At first I thought that it was LibreElec and re-downloaded the image. I downloaded the image multiple times and even the LibreElec SD creator. I installed from both a Linux desktop as well as a Windows desktop and finally decided that it was the card and not the image.

Are the Kingston cards not supported? I've used other brand cards and never had an issue. I've used SanDisk and Sony cards and some brand cards and never had an issue. Why the issue with Kingston card?

Thanks

Daryl

• You're over thinking the issue (which doesn't exist). Put the card in the device and boot, and after first-boot the temporary 32MB partition will have been resized to the full capacity of the card.

I did and it did not expand. I don't remember the error off the top of my head. I'll rebuild the card and try again. Perhaps it was a one off issue and will work this time.

I'll let you know if it works. Thanks for the help.

Daryl

• I stand corrected. I rebuilt the card and it worked. I guess I was as you said, over thinking the issue. I just started troubleshooting when I shouldn't have.

Thanks for the reply.

Daryl