How to troubleshoot CEC issues

• I have an RPi4 which is connected to a Samsung Smart TV.

A couple of day's ago, I made a change to my WIFI environment and had to put the Pi back on the network. After doing so, I started having issues with my TV connecting to the Pi. At first it was just the CEC connectivity. I was using a micro-HDMI adaptor to connect the Pi to the TV. Thinking that the cheap adaptor was causing signal lose, I changed out the adaptor and then finally a Micro-HDMI to HDMI cable. I was pretty confident that it was a cable issue because for a while, I lost all video due to the adaptors. Once I got the actual cable, I got video back, however, I still can't get the TV to connect to the Pi.

Samsung's CEC is called Anynet+. In Samsung's menu, I can scan for CEC devices, and when I do, I get "No device found". I turned on debugging and for specifically the CEC Library. This is what I see in the log.

Nothing really jumps out at me as an issue.

How can I troubleshoot this issue? I've ruled out the cable. I've tried both video ports. I even rebuilt the Pi. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Daryl

• This is what I see in the log.

We prefer it if you would use a pastebin service for providing logs, as we like to keep our forum server as tidy as possible.

Also provide the full log file, and not just one or two puzzle pieces relating to CEC.

Wifi + HDMI problems on a RPi4 seem not to be that uncommon, unfortunately. Any chance you can use cabled connection instead?

• We prefer it if you would use a pastebin service for providing logs, as we like to keep our forum server as tidy as possible.

Also provide the full log file, and not just one or two puzzle pieces relating to CEC.

Wifi + HDMI problems on a RPi4 seem not to be that uncommon, unfortunately. Any chance you can use cabled connection instead?

I'll see what I can do about posting to pastebin.

No, no chance of using a cable.

Thanks

Daryl

• I posted my logs to Pastbin as requested.

https://pastebin.com/b6HhGGQA

Thank you.

Daryl

I found a post on kodi.log of someone having similar issues. The suggestion was to unplug both the Pi and the TV, plug them back in and SHAZAAM, CEC started working again.

Guess I was looking to hard and I could have saved myself some grief. Next time I'll remember the Windoz motto, "Reboot IT!!" :D

Daryl

Edited once, last by rosede: Merged a post created by rosede into this post. (January 18, 2021 at 1:16 AM).