Posts by 5schatten

frankvw

Which games in particular did you try to play? NTSC or PAL games? I'm not that familiar with Retroplayer but it could be possible that NTSC games stutter at 50Hz Kodi refresh rate. Also it could be possible that something is wrong with the addon & pcsx_rearmed wasn't build with NEON support but then it would immediately stutter when you start the core is started and not even intro videos would run smooth.

Build RR-20190826-b37a3e6 | uploaded for Generic & RPi2 | Index of /nightly/

I finally found some time to show some love for the RPi2/3 builds to investigate & fix a SDL2 bug which leads to an Emulationstation crash once you've quitted Retroarch. So overall performance should improve with batched rendering introduced by v2.0.10 & the SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG_FILE envar should now allow to directly load controller configs provided by SDL-GameControllerDB.

This is Kodi 18, Kernel & Amlogic related and not fixable by me.

have atomiswave and naomi folders been added to the rom directory?

they appear in batocera linux and recalbox,but both of those operting systems use an older version of kodi and dont have a web browser.

Just add your atomiswave & naomi games to the dreamcast folder & get a proper bios file. This is entirely core related and has nothing to do with dedicated folder. Read the flycast documentation for further details.

You can also build the images on Ubuntu 18.04 I updated last week for Generic and RPI. S905 did not build though build errors Im guessing this is down to the updates to linux ?

Mainline Kernel for AMLGX & AMLG12 so basically all Amlogic projects is still wip & until Kernel 5.3 isn't released you won't see any new builds.

Just curious, and I hope I don't come across as ungrateful but any idea as to when the April builds will be being updated? Thanks for all your hard work on this absolutely outstanding project. I love it!

Just use nightly builds /shrug

I own two of them and they worked flawless in the past but you have to configure a controller profile in Kodi too. If they work in ES & RA they're properly paired. Also make sure you use the Switch mode otherwise you'll end up with analogue stick mouse input.

EDIT: Ah ok, I see now, there are not nightly builds for s905, the build from 10 july are for others systems :)

Can you tell me where can I find the lastest nightly build? The only repo that I know is this Index of /builds/

And the last build is from 24 April

@5schatten It is possible activate Bluetooth on the chip RTL8723BS?, the WiFi module works great and the Milhouse build have the Bluetooth working also.

Thanks!

There will be no Amlogic builds until Kernel 5.3 or later. Maybe the RTL8723BS will be supported otherwise ask in common LE sections for support.

Unfortunately I still have the problem that I have no sound under Moonlight. In Emulatorstation etc it works fine.

Check out the current build if we're talking about Generic & moonlight-qt -> there have been audio fixes in moonlight-qt v1.1

Build RR-20190825-d0375d5 | uploaded for Generic & RPi2 | Index of /nightly/

• updated to latest LE 9.80
    • updated Generic kernel to 5.2.9 | RPi kernel to 5.2.8
    • updated Mesa to 19.2.0-rc1
    • updated Nvidia driver to 430.40
    • updated Vulkan to v1.1.120
    • updated SDL2 to 2.0.10 for Generic
    • updated FluidSynth to 2.0.6
    • updated vlc to v3.0.8
    • updated Emulationstation to 2.9.0-dev & backported some patches -> threaded system loading speeds up start drastically
    • updated Retroarch to 1.7.8-dev
    • updated moonlight-qt to v1.1
    • updated Skyscraper to 3.2.6
    • updated amiberry -> fixed "greyish" fonts
    • updated all libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin
    • updated PCSX2 image to v1.0.3

Download & copy the tar file to the update folder of your system for manual updates. Until mainline support for RK & AML arrives I won't update the update channel.

I tested this PR but it threw an error with your patches. When I reviewed your patches, it looks like it was the same as the PR. So, I tried building with your latest commits and using your patch. This failed. Then I tried to build with this PR and deleting your patches. This failed.

I did however find a branch that m4xw was working on for Pi4 support.

Using this commit, deleting your patches (the second patch caused an error with the commit), and adding these lines to package.mk, it built successfully:

Code
    RPi4)
    PKG_MAKE_OPTS_TARGET+=" platform=rpi4"

Well it's not a RPi branch but focused on Amlogic & Rockchip.

I attempted to build an image for a Pi 4 last night and surprisingly only about 7-10 packages did not build. I have not tested to see if anything runs yet as I want to get everything building before I even test it.

For a first attempt and no changes being made, it seems quite promising. I will work with you on a Pi 4 image if you have time/interest in building it.

Edit: just noticed MagicSeb posted a pi4 build with retroarch.

Well looks like there are some performance issues:

LibreELEC + Retroarch 9.80 for Raspberry PI 4 !

As far as I can tell it's somewhat based/cherry picked on older packages of my fork so I can't tell how recent the packages are. In theory the RPi4 should be handled like any other mesa based build but all libretro cores probably have to be adjusted for armv8-a. Of course these flags were set by the project before but I'm not sure if they were overwritten by RPi platform flags.

Btw. can you test my PR if it works for you? Makefile: added devices for Amlogic & Rockchip platforms by 5schatten · Pull Request #74 · libretro/mupen64plus-libretro-nx · GitHub

Yes, there's only talk about the Windows version MakeMKV that I see.

I guess once it works and is ready for common usage he'll post some code to compile it on Linux too.

I noticed that there's a new feature of MakeMKV - LibreDrive. I wonder if it can be used in MakeMKV in LE. Of course you need a supported drive first. LibreDrive is required to play UHD discs with MakeMKV. Also I found a region A Blu-ray that won't play for me probably due to revoked key in my current drive. So I I'm looking for a new drive. If LibreDrive can be used under LE I'll get a drive that's supported, because then there won't be any more issues with revoked keys.

Well I've read a bit about it but looks like the LibreDrive lib hasn't been released yet or at least the code. So maybe it can work but the information about it was a bit rare.

If you need a test Guinea pig for Rpi4 images im game as well (i got a 4GB Ram Model)

As I said the libretro cores have to be updated first https://github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro-nx/tree/pi4 also the RPi firmware is almost updated every day History for packages/graphics/bcm2835-driver/package.mk - LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub so once the dust settles a bit and the RPi4 images are somewhat stable I can add it but right now it's a waste of time because it's still quite WIP.

I have now set the update channel to Index of /nightly/ but it only sees Version 9.0 9.0.1 and 9.0.2.

I installed 9.0.2, but is seems to be vanilla Libreelec as all you additions are now gone.

How can I install the nightlies?

It only shows me the correct Version with th buildnumber to choose, when I use */build/,but not with */nightly/ :(

I have a raspi 3.

You have to manually download and install those nightlies.

I attempted to build an image for a Pi 4 last night and surprisingly only about 7-10 packages did not build. I have not tested to see if anything runs yet as I want to get everything building before I even test it.

For a first attempt and no changes being made, it seems quite promising. I will work with you on a Pi 4 image if you have time/interest in building it.

Edit: just noticed MagicSeb posted a pi4 build with retroarch.

The RPi4 support has been added for many libretro cores as far as I can say but right now LE does not use mainline kernel for RPi4 & some packages will need adjustments for the mesa VC4 driver. Anyway after the late happenings / heat problems & faulty USB-C I guess I'll wait some time until I get one.

I don't understand if "testing" and/or "nightly" repos could be used as continuation of "stable" one (in this case, I don't understand the meaning of the new branches), or if it's better we wait for a future stable release. Thank you.

They are mostly as stable as the older stable builds ;) I didn't update the update channel because after LE 9.0 Amlogic_Legacy was dropped and once the "new" Amlogic is entirely functional I add them back. Kernel 5.2 should be merged soon and then I will / have to update the whole updater / FAQ / emulation stuff describtion. As long as you use a Generic build or RPi it should not matter for you.

Is the Version from 23.4. the latest Version? Because it shows me only that Version, when I update.

If there is a later Version, how can I get it?

I set update to manual and the update channel to yours fgrom the FAQ.

Well... there is a whole section with changelogs & links to the builds of the past LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ] and surprise surprise Index of /nightly/ which I posted about 4-5 posts before you asked the first time. ;)

Before I nuke my current instal, does this work on the pi 4B?

I have no RPi4 so I can't really build & test images for one. Also the support is actually right WIP since it uses a VideoCore VI with mesa3d. It will take some time until libretro cores have been updated & stop using old vendor blob stuff.

Thanks , removing the -fullboot option, did the trick!

Running Pal and ntsc iso's without any problem

I guess I add this to the FAQ then. The problem is if you boot games without you can't select the language or else but still a bit strange that it fails to run for you while it works flawless here /shrug

Could be the -fullboot option I had to remove this from es_systems.cfg to get some games to work. From the PCSX2 menu you can also select full or fast to run the game.

Possible but some games need the full boot option to allow language selection for example. I guess this is somewhat individual but it works here on quite similar systems flawless. :/

All games fail ,pal and ntsc.

Well I ran some tests and wasn't able to find any problem. :/ Here is a log of my somewhat similar workstation system so Intel i7+ Nvidia GTX card, same driver, same game.

Have you altered the PCSX2 config files in any way? Can you try to delete the PCSX2 config directory, update to the last build again to have some clean base config files? Well and make some copies of your memcards folder in case you have some savegames.