XBOX One DVB Tuner and LibreElec 8.1.1 ?

• I have the xbox (panasonic) tuner.

on the configuration page is a wizard follow that.

I suspect you have made the same mistake as I have in the past.

Configuration, DVB inputs. TV adapters, highlight the panasonic, on the right will be the parameters box, enable, over the air epg tick, networks, from the dropdown select your network, if there is nothing there, that is the problem. save & force scan

Under configuration, dvb inputs, networks, highlight the network, edit, select the predefined mux you want

• The Xbox One Tuner has a Panasonic chipset - which is why it is reported as a Panasonic device. Are the mux frequencies in your muxes list the correct frequencies for your area, and are the DVB-T parameters correct?

I have a couple of them in the UK - and they aren't the most sensitive of tuners and there seems to be a driver bug that means a popular UK frequency doesn't tune at all well.

Hey! Thanks for the reply!

Having researched, it seems I need Tvheadend 4.2 - which means I need a newer version of Libreelec.

I finally found one:

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit

Now I am trying to figure out how to put this in the .update folder on the device via a USB so that I can update.

hmmm?

so...I found my USB with the file in the file manager - but I cannot figure out how to get it to the .update directory.

How do I do this?

Edited once, last by anarchotaoist (February 2, 2019 at 1:03 PM).

• Is your box on a network? It's usually much easier to use a PC or Mac find the LIBRELEC network share that is automatically created on your network, navigate to the UPDATE folder and copy the update file to that folder over the network.

• Is your box on a network? It's usually much easier to use a PC or Mac find the LIBRELEC network share that is automatically created on your network, navigate to the UPDATE folder and copy the update file to that folder over the network.

Ok. Yes, on the network. Libreelec network share?

I can ssh into libreelec with a linux terminal - is that what you mean?

What would be the command?

sudo mv ???

thanks

• The File Manager is useable to do this too - but you have to get your head round the two-panel-structure (I think it's a bit like Midnight Commander in some ways?) For quick updates I always use the SMB network share route.

• Ok, I have Tvheadend setup!

I am only receiving 7 channels however - none of which I watch either.

???

nb. I am using the cable from the tv which receives over 20 channels.

I put in a power booster for the cable - no difference!

Re-scanning channels brings nothing new.

How do I trouble shoot this?

Should I try Mythtv instead?

Edited once, last by anarchotaoist: additional info (February 3, 2019 at 10:53 AM).

• How are you trying to scan your channels? You mentioned over DVB-C with coaxial cable inside you tunner. If so....do you know the frequencys of your cable TV provider?You should insert them when you create you muxes.

• What is your country and city?

What is your TV Platform (antenna/aerial/DVB-T/T2 or cable/DVB-C)?

Do you know the frequencies of the multiplexes you want to tune - or does your TV provider have a website with 'type in your postcode to find out your frequencies'?

I usually end up adding each mux manually rather than using a pre-populated list as sometimes the pre-populated lists are out of date.

Remember that TV Headend doesn't 'scan for channels' like a TV does. It doesn't check every frequency in turn. Instead it tunes the frequencies it is told to in the multiplex list. If tunes to a multiplex and successfully discovers services AND if the TV providers co-operate (or the platform is run by a single operator) the DVB stream may contain data about other frequencies to tune in your area and it may add more muxes. However this isn't always the case.

If you can't find out your mux frequency details - then if you install the DVB Tools add-on and can SSH into your machine you may be able to do a full band scan to find out the frequencies using w_scan or scan. In the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Estonia, Finland, Denmark, Germany etc. I've never had to do this as I've always found the right details manually (I take a little portable TV Headend and DVB build with me on holiday as I've stayed in hotels with terrible TV services in the past. I can usually get an HDMI feed into the room TV and take it out of hotel mode if the HDMI port is blocked...)

(There is a known bug with the X Box DVB-T/T2 tuner I think that means some frequencies cause it issues.)

• Thanks for all the advice guys! This is all new to me and much appreciated!

What is your country and city?

Australia. I have scanned my area Mid North Coast but tried two Sydney ones also.

What is your TV Platform (antenna/aerial/DVB-T/T2 or cable/DVB-C)?

aerial DVB-T

Do you know the frequencies of the multiplexes you want to tune - or does your TV provider have a website with 'type in your postcode to find out your frequencies'?

No. ?? I do not know about this!

I usually end up adding each mux manually rather than using a pre-populated list as sometimes the pre-populated lists are out of date.

Oh! How do I find the mux to add manually?

Remember that TV Headend doesn't 'scan for channels' like a TV does.

Ok, I assumed it did. : /

install the DVB Tools add-on and can SSH into your machine

I installed the DVB tools but will need to research it.

• OK - my Australian geography sucks - but if you are in Mid North Coast it looks, at first glance, as if you are quite a long way from Sydney? Australia does use VHF - which 'goes further' than UHF - as well as UHF - but I'm used to coverage areas being in the <80 km radius even for high power transmitters)

The fact that you only have one successfully scanned Mux (OK) and the others haven't successfully scanned (FAIL) suggests one of three things :

1. You have the wrong frequencies and just hit one that was right by good luck.

2. You have a terrible signal (but if the aerial/antenna feed that you are feeding your tuner works fine with a regular TV that's unlikely)

3. Your tuner is lousy. (The X Box One isn't the world's best, but for DVB-T I'd expect it to be OK)

The key thing is to find out the frequencies of the TV transmitter that serves your area. Add muxes on those frequencies manually, and you may have more luck.

You add muxes in the Configuration->DVB Inputs->Muxes tab - where there are ADD, DELETE and EDIT options. If you have one MUX that works, then editing that and Creating rather than Applying will save the edited version as a new mux (very useful for quickly adding a bunch of frequencies with the same DVB-T parameters)

Australia uses 7MHz Bandwidth according to the ACMA site, and I'd expect 8K carriers. You'll probably find you can leave the other details on AUTO. (But, if not, 64QAM is a good bet )

mySwitch looks to be a useful Australian TV frequency/coverage checker site. Enter your post code/zip code and it will tell you your coverage. HOWEVER if you look below where it says the level of coverage there is a little link called 'Channels for...' (which tells you which channels you should receive) - if you click on that it not only tells you the channels but also returns the frequencies for each multiplex (i.e. the frequencie each group of channels is broadcast on)

I chose a random 'Mid North Coast' town - Port Macquarie - and entered it in the my switch coverage checker. It suggests the Manning River location for this served by the Middle Brother main TV transmitter with the following frequencies :

184.5MHz for the ABC channels

177.5MHz for the SBS channels

191.5MHz for the Prime (aka Seven?) channels

226.5MHz for the NBN channels

219.5MHz for the Southern Cross channels

Those are all VHF channels (Australia uses VHF massively - whereas those of us in Europe often have mainly UHF services. In the UK we have no TV in VHF, whereas in places like Sweden you may have just one of the 6 or 7 muxes in VHF)

Obviously you may well be somewhere very different on the Mid North Coast - so don't take those numbers as correct.

tvradio_handbook_electronic_edition-pdf.pdf?la=en is a comprehensive list of TV transmitter frequencies by region etc. which may help you find your frequencies if you know the name of your local transmitter. It also tells you the broadcast power of each transmitter - as they vary massively depending on whether they are 'main' transmitters or just little local fill-in transmitters to fill a small coverage gap.

Also if you know the official call sign of your TV stations (i.e. ABC7, SBS6) then the number at the end of the call sign is the RF channel of the station you are trying to receive. You can map the RF channel number to a frequency with the table on p. 403. However it is possible Australia, like other countries, uses small +ve or -ve offsets (125kHz I think) so you are better advised to use the actual frequencies if you can find them.

Edited 2 times, last by noggin (February 4, 2019 at 10:12 AM).

• Thanks Noggin! : )

The myswitch info provided the info I needed! I could not duckduckgo it!

I have an extra 8 channels from one frequency. The HD is bad though. : /

I'll try others now!

Cheers!

• Thanks Noggin! : )

The myswitch info provided the info I needed! I could not duckduckgo it!

I have an extra 8 channels from one frequency. The HD is bad though. : /

I'll try others now!

Cheers!

Folks,

Im a little confused here, is the XBOX Tuner supported on LE9.0 or is it also dependant on the HW device ?

tvheadend: version 4.2.7-44 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v9.0.118

Im on a Wetek-Play1 with dual onboard DVB-S working fine and I have attached the usb tuner and powered off/on

It does seem to be listed in lsusb output but i do not see it listed in TVAdpaters at all

LibreELEC:~ # lsusb

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 045e:02d5 Microsoft Corp. Xbox One Digital TV Tuner

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2252:0106

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. Hub

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

LibreELEC:~ #

Can anyone offer any insight ? Am i doing something wrong or is it not functionaing on a wetek play ?

I see this was discussed in another thread but im still none the wiser as to whether it should work in LE9.0

XBOX ONE Digital TV Tuner not recognized on Wetek Play

• Backporting media_build driver for support to the older 3.10 kernel is challenging and the main developer who works on that doesn't have a WP1 so the status is probably "could probably work but doesn't and isn't being tested" .. and I doubt that will change. That's probably not the response you'd like but that's the honest reality.