CM3 upgrading - Can't get drivers to work?

• I have eventually got round to starting a CM3 upgrade.

Using a windows 10 Home pc, I have downloaded and installed LibreELEC installer, which reports that it has installed the necessary drivers etc.

I have then connected the USB lead (the Slice 1tb internal drive is recognised).

Added the DC power.

The 1tb drive unmount and...

nothing.

No drivers seem to be activated.

I can't see a Xbox type driver anywhere in Device Manager.

What have I missed, please?

• No drivers seem to be activated.

I can't see a Xbox type driver anywhere in Device Manager.

That's because the LibreELEC USB/SD creator app does not install Pi Foundation CM drivers. You've imagined that capability :)

Flashing the Compute Module eMMC - Raspberry Pi Documentation

tells you to install this: rpiboot_setup.exe

Using Win7 I have never seen/experienced the drivers executing rpiboot.exe automatically, but manually connecting the box, running rpiboot.ext with admin rights, then applying power, seems to work. Once the eMMC storage shows up in Windows you can run the USB/SD app to image it.

• Durrrr yes sorry it was rpiboot_setup.exe I had run!

I have been doing further research and apparently windows 8 & 10 won't run unsigned drivers. So there is a long winded workaround that uses a "test mode" to temporarily use unsigned drivers.

Is that an issue anyone would recognise?

• I have tried using an old pi, building the rpiboot and then connecting to the micro usb to usb (to pi) and...

it still sits at "waiting for BCM2835/6/7"

The rpiboot tool is not discovering the Compute Module and can't send boot code to allow access to the eMMC.

I am beginning to wonder if its the CM3 module that is U/S ??

Any thoughts appreciated

• Resolved - Cleaned the connector on the CM3 (cleaning pencil), reseated board.

Was then able to use the Pi to sort the boot code out.

It still wouldn't work on the Windows 10 machine (despite unsigned drivers "mode" being enabled)

Very pleased with the speed of menus and playback.

A very worthwhile upgrade!

Might sort a heatsink out next :)

Thank you for your inputs Chewitt.