Posts by krushy

Hi All,

I have just built a new Pi4 4Gb booting LibreELEC from a SSD, all seems to be working well (once I realised I was using the "wrong" HDMI = no sound).

I recently set up a Harmony Elite remote to work with my Slice (and its dongle) and that again works well.

The issue is when I put the Slice remote dongle into the Pi4, the Harmony remote doesnt work.

The Slice remote does :/

I have checked all the, what I think, are relevant settings and they all seem the same.

Both are on LE9.2.3

I am trying to get the Harmony remote working with the Pi4 set up, I have also tried setting up a new "Xbox 360" profile on the Harmony to see if that was the issue - without success.

What am I missing, please?

Firstly thanks to all Team for keeping LibreElec so upto date, massively benefiting the Slice, brilliant work!

Having just spent an evening updating the couple of Slices we still use around the house (CM3 upgraded from the original CM1 - to great effect) to the latest LibreELEC, I thought I would have a quick look to see if there is any chatter regarding a potential CM4 in the future.

There are a few articles, mostly from the IoT community.

The specs being bandied about read like this:

• Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 @ 1.5GHz will highly plausible replace previous Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 64-bit SoC @ 1.2GHz,
    • 1GB, 2GB or 4GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM will become a standard options, instead of fixed 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM,
    • Current flash memory (eMMC) options: 8GB / 16GB / 32GB from CM3+ will probably stay the same,
    • H.265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode) might replace outdated H.264 (1080p30)
    • and OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics will replace 1.1, 2.0 versions,
    • form and factor will stay the same, to provide a possibility to upgrade current IoT applications of CM3 and CM3+

This would be useful, especially the onboard H.265 :)

I would assume zippier menus and library updates (and cleansing)

The game emulators would be pretty decent? (not that I have ever ventured there yet!)

Chewitt usually has a good insider track with the Pi gang, any hints?

Is your Slice based on the original CM1 or upgraded to CM3?

There is a BIG difference in performance.

I think the Slice 9 offering above is only for the CM3 at the moment?

I have both a CM1 (running 8.2.3) & a CM3 (running the 9 as above) both using a Synology NAS.

I get similar symptoms with the CM1 and no problems with the CM3 configuration.

I hope that the Slice 9 upgrade for CM1 might address some of the hardware shortcomings for this application.

Resolved - Cleaned the connector on the CM3 (cleaning pencil), reseated board.

Was then able to use the Pi to sort the boot code out.

It still wouldn't work on the Windows 10 machine (despite unsigned drivers "mode" being enabled)

Very pleased with the speed of menus and playback.

A very worthwhile upgrade!

Might sort a heatsink out next :)

Thank you for your inputs Chewitt.

I have tried using an old pi, building the rpiboot and then connecting to the micro usb to usb (to pi) and...

it still sits at "waiting for BCM2835/6/7"

The rpiboot tool is not discovering the Compute Module and can't send boot code to allow access to the eMMC.

I am beginning to wonder if its the CM3 module that is U/S ??

Any thoughts appreciated

I have eventually got round to starting a CM3 upgrade.

Using a windows 10 Home pc, I have downloaded and installed LibreELEC installer, which reports that it has installed the necessary drivers etc.

I have then connected the USB lead (the Slice 1tb internal drive is recognised).

Added the DC power.

The 1tb drive unmount and...

nothing.

No drivers seem to be activated.

I can't see a Xbox type driver anywhere in Device Manager.

What have I missed, please?

Does anyone have a spare Slice case that they wish to sell to a chap who has purchased a light Slice Kit?

Alternatively a 3D file to have a printed case made.

I am not sure how well a plastic case would work, especially with a CM3, for heat removal!

He is also after an original (working) remote.

I have given him the link to here and he might be along any moment!

Thanks

This was the original "stretch goal" for the Slice Kickstarter campaign:

"Goal 2 - LED App - £110,000 (Reached!)

We'll make a cool web app that will give everyone an easy way to create their own patterns for Slice's LEDs! Customise Slice's default patterns and colours, then save your creations and share them with friends"

Fantastic news!

The user-configurable LED patterns formed part of the original Kickstarter campaign and never did appear.

Another potential feature often talked about was an "ambilight" type reactive lighting system.

Would the LibreELEC Slice build assist in this endeavour?

(Is this probably a separate topic?)

Thanks again for all your hard work chewitt and team!!

Is it just me or has the original Slice forum died?

It has been in a read only mode for a few days and today "does not exist"!

Am I to assume that the original concept has slipped its mortal coils...

Mod edit: if you have to ask if the Slice forum is dead, don't claim it to be in your topic title