Install or remove addon from command line

• Hello,

I have a Wetek Play running tvheadened24 service. It is not connected to TV, so I manage it from SSH and TTheadened web interface.

How could I upgrade the addon to a new version from command line? And remove the addon?

Best regards.

• There's no clean way to do that AFAIK. You can physically move addon folders in and out of /storage / .kodi/addons, then use the built-in kodi 'updatelocaladdons' function (or restart kodi to update) and if necessary enable via json. It's certainly possibly via a script, but it would be a lot more effort for a one-off than installing a vnc.

Before krypton it was just a case of dropping folders into place, but there were deliberate changes to make that more difficult.

• It's a bit tricky, but for self-contained binary addons like tvheadend without dependencies it's doable. Main problem is getting the latest ZIP . You can do this with that shell script:

name it eg "get-addon.sh" and then run "sh get-addon.sh service.tvheadend42"

Then stop your current tvheadend (via systemctl stop service.tvheadend42), unzip the file in /storage/.kodi/addons, make sure all files in the bin subdir have executable permissions (otherwise to a chmod +x /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/*), then start it via "systemctl start service.tvheadend42".

That's basically what kodi is doing as well.

so long,

Hias

• fyi, you also need to symlink the systemd service file to /storage/.config/system.d

Code
    cd /storage/.config/system.d
    systemctl enable service.system.docker
    systemctl start service.system.docker

Edited 2 times, last by docta_v (October 18, 2017 at 6:27 AM).