RPi archive failing CRC

• I am using 7zip to open instalation image in WIn PC. But, previoius version .1 and current .2 both are failing with CRC incorrect. RPi does not want to boot with this image.

I do not have problems with OpenElec and OSMC .gz files. Just LibreElec.

What is wrong?

• I am writing images on Win XP SP3 if it matters. Normally, I use
    .gz -> 7zip -> Win32DiskImager and that works with OpenElec and OSMC.

Are you sure you took the correct image?

As I said...don't extract the files with 7zip. Use the img.gz file with Rufus directly.

But if you are able to install openelec in that way, then just install this for now and update it to LibreELEC by copying the specific *.tar file to your update folder....

So get the OpenELEC disk image from here:

7-raspberry-pi2-builds

install it and then update it with the file from here:

LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2.tar

The update process is explained here:

Accessing LibreELEC - LibreELEC
    HOW TO:Update LibreELEC - LibreELEC

• I will try that when I get the time. But, I prefer clean install.

For now, I tried to open archive using RAR, and CRC error is the same. I downloaded this current and prior version each two times, and each time CRC error with two different archivers and Rufus did not help either.

Never had such a prolem with OpenElec and OSMC.

• Are you sure you took the correct image?

I have RP2 and RP3. Downloaded LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2.img.gz (and previously 7.0.1 with the same problem)

As I said...don't extract the files with 7zip. Use the img.gz file with Rufus directly.

Downloaded file size perfect. 7zip SHA256 check fails. Extracing with 7zip - CRC error. Extracting with WinRAR - CRC error. Writing with Rufus directly - no boot.

But if you are able to install openelec in that way, then just install this for now and update it to LibreELEC by copying the specific *.tar file to your update folder....

Did that too. Downloaded LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2.tar to upgrade from working OpenElec 6.0.3 on an RP3. File size pefect. Placed it into /storage/.update.

The result: md5 check failed error. Aborted and rebooted automatically. .tar got deleted from a card.

• In the past I have seen issues with ISP's using traffic compression technologies that result in modification (corruption) of files. It's rare, but maybe there is something similar happening. Each day the number of active RPi2 v7.0.2 installations goes up so we are confident there is no issue with the original images hosted on our servers.

LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2.img.gz?mirrorlist shows the list of mirrors available. The mirror system geolocates your IP address so will probably direct your download requests to servers in Greece, Germany or Czech republic (closest by distance). Using the links on that page you can choose to download from our original server or another mirror in the UK, France, USA.

• In the past I have seen issues with ISP's using traffic compression technologies that result in modification (corruption) of files. It's rare, but...

I believe there is no compression on my provider for some 15+ years, but they might have changed something. But, I do not beleive this is an issue here as I downloaded LibreElec .gz recently and there were no CRC problems. All .gz I downloaded previosly, also never had such an issue.

LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2.img.gz?mirrorlist shows the list of mirrors available.

The last one, tar, I downloaded exactly like that - from Germany. Tried upgrading OE, file size correct, no go. So, I am failing both .gz and .tar.

I will try downloading it using some other provider. Is there a .zip file I could download? Either new install or EO upgrade for RP 2 and 3.

I understand this is crazy, I am using the Internet and downloading stuff before people knew what the Internet was. All of my work moves over the line to the paying customer. Never had such a problem.

• Official Post

There are no .zip files as we don't support/need those formats. Do you have an MD5/SHA256 checksum validation tool? .. it's a more reliable way to see if something changed in a file than the file-size (bytes) count. In the past when I've seen this and there's no logical explanation, having a neighbour who uses a different ISP has usually resolved the problem. It's odd.. but, meh, computers :)

• There are no .zip files as we don't support/need those formats.

I know, but I am looking for any possible way out. If someone could zip correctly working file and give me a dl link, maybe, maybe, that would work for me.

Do you have an MD5/SHA256 checksum validation tool? .. it's a more reliable way to see if something changed in a file than the file-size (bytes) count. In the past when I've seen this and there's no logical explanation, having a neighbour who uses a different ISP has usually resolved the problem. It's odd.. but, meh, computers :)

I have 7-zip on Win XP and it claims all the time SHA256 is wrong. But, I had a problem with both .tar and .gz.

This is odd, but these things do happen :( I will try to find someone with different provider.

• try use a different browser or wget/curl the image from openelec? or from windows for that matter.

It seems my Inet provider has some problems, this is most likely the explanation for my CRC problems. You here helped to vrify arhcive is correct. Thnx.