Browse (Connect) windows 10 shares

• I have media on a Windows 10 computer but I am not able to browse to the file in LibreElEC file manager nor am I amble to add my win10 PC as a media source.

When I try and browse to the computer I can see the share that I have created (open = full permissions to everyone.

I have read threads about setting a Regkey

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

Set a DWORD (32) bit of IRPStackSize with various sizes from 15 dec, 21 Dec and 29dec.

Also setting

[HKeyLocalMachine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\Size]

Change from 1 to 3

After each change I restart the server service

Nothing has worked so far.

Does anyone have specific settings that work with a current 10585.1007 build of win10 pro

• Official Post

I'm assuming you are using a stable build of LibreELEC, since you gave no hardware info at all.

Just for your information: the upcoming LibreELEC builds will require you to have a user account on your Windows machine WITH a password. This is because of the upcoming Samba/SMB updated functionality in light of the recent WannaCry hacks.

• HI yes sorry I am using a raspberry Pi3 for hardware. Just a default kit.

I am running the current stable LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.2.img version.

I am very new to this os so am learning as I go.

When will the new version be released? Will I still need to make the reg settings that other have described above?

• Official Post

Possible issues:

a) If you have any pre/release version of the fall/autumn creators update installed this removes SMB1 server support for your Win10 shares and Kodi currently only speaks SMB1. A beta testing release of LE 8.2 with SMB2/3 support in Kodi should be out in the next couple of weeks.

b) If the server now speaks SMB2+ (no SMB1) even with the LE 8.2 version there will be no network browsing as this requires the network master browser to speak SMB1 protocol. You will have to add sources manually using the full server/share path.

c) MS is actively discouraging guest/anon access in their security patches and setting a user/pass is becoming mandatory. If you set user/pass it needs to be a local machine user account and not an MS hotmail/outlook ID account (e.g. desktop login ID) as the authentication schemes are completely different and the latter is known to cause some challenges.

• Thanks for that information.

Yes I have installed the latest MS Creators update so this would make sense and agree with the recent SMB one issues exploited it would make sense to increase security.

I will try to do a manual mapping to see if I can get that to work.

Are there any other solutions that users are using to connect to windows shares... ??

• Samba 3.6.5 in LE 8.0.2 only speaks SMB1 and Win10 after the creators update only speaks SMB2+ so nothing can be reconfigured to work. Your options are a) updating to a current Milhouse (which is Kodi Leia) or self-build version of the forthcoming LE beta based on our 8.2 (still Krypton) branch, or you wait patiently for the 8.2 beta/release. Those contain Samba 4.6 which supports SMB2+ out of the box.

• OK Great thanks for the info. Ill stop scratching my head about this one. Just a shame this is not mentioned on the Kodi Main page. I am sure there are other users who want to access windows shares.

• I bet this will get you going

Local Policies, Security Options and scroll down to “Network access: Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users”. Set this to “Enabled