Warning Profile Backups not cross-platform compatible

• I tried to backup my profile on my a95x unit and restore it on my sons INTEL-NVIDIA LIbreElec v8.0.2 based media center and it just made the unit freeze in a blank screen with a mouse in the middle.

I had to end up reloading the unit with libreelec and restoring the profile backup I made previous to attempting the migration of my profile.

I have come to the conclusion that you will just have to reload everything and reinput all your API keys and Reauthenticate all your service all over again if you with to have everything the same on both units.

Unless someone comes up with the right mix of the proper files and directories to backup and restore, so we don't backup any hardware settings also that might affect the other units; there might not be a way to properly do this.

• It depends on how the backup was taken and then restored. Kodi is quite portable but the usual problem is the inclusion of filesystem paths that are not going to be the same under different OS platforms. You'll also have issues with binary add-ons.

• I have not Binary addons. They are all Python Scripts. But the machine specific options are getting in the way. It would be nice if there was a backup and restore that included the hardware specific parameters as an option.

• This has made me wonder how people create "kodi builds" I know this is usually done to add dodgy addons. But I did a quick google & found this

** URL REMOVED **

If this against forum rules, please delete it.

Edited 2 times, last by chewitt: No linking to pirate websites please. (July 29, 2017 at 2:54 AM).

• Official Post

Delete /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml and any machine specific stuff will be gone. You loose all Kodi settings but Library DB's, thumbs and add-ons etc. will still be there which is the main content people are looking to retain.