TVheadend not loading m3u file

• Hi,

I installed Libreelec 8.0.2 and tvheadend 4.2, when I tried to load my m3u it keeps saying 'no such file or directory'

I used the same m3u file when tvheadend was on lubuntu, so I know the file is good. When using Libreelec, I copied the files to the picons folder. From the file manager it stated the file location was at libreelec.local/picons/. In tvheadend, I put the m3u file location as file:///libreelec.local/picons/prime.m3u to load my local channels from hdhomerun prime. But all it says is 'unable to open file 'libreelec.local/picons/prime.m3: no such file or directory'

Is tvheadend not able to view this directory?

Can somebody please tell me what I'm doing incorrectly?

Thanks in advance.

• I tried file:///storage/picons/prime.m3u but still nothing happens. I see nothing updating in the logs. is storage an external drive because I'm using an internal drive?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Edited once, last by pepe999: update (July 24, 2017 at 11:20 PM).

• /storage is the drive libreelec is installed on. What type of hardware is it?

just for the heck of it - try putting the file in the downloads folder and using

file:///storage/downloads/prime.m3u

• I tried file:///storage/downloads/prime.m3u and I also tried copying the file to a usb drive and did file:///sdb1-usb-sandisk_extreme_/prime.m3u and both time I still got no such directory or file.

I'm using an Asus chromebox.

• The path to the usb drive will likely be something like:

file:///var/media/sdb1-usb-sandisk_extreme_/prime.m3u

assuming sdb1-usb-sandisk_extreme_ is the correct name of the drive (trailing underscore??)

For the downloads folder - try:

file:///downloads/prime.m3u

• Thank you all for your help, it finally worked.

When I had the maximum number of streams to 3, it could not find the file. It's strange because when I used it for Lubuntu it had not issues but with Asus chromebox it didn't work. I then set the maximum number of streams to 0 and it found 3 channels and 2 failed. I set the maximum number of streams back to 3 and scanned again and now it has all 5 channels.