TVHeadend on Raspberry Pi 2

• Started looking into adding Live TV/ Recording onto my PI 2

I have a few questions :

1. Will it working running TVHeadend backend and the PVR Client on the same raspberry pi 2 running LibreELEC that I want to watch TV on ?

2. Will thsi adaptr work giving me the option to watch one and record a TV show at the same time ?
    Hauppauge WinTV-dual HD - Dual, Triple Mode, TV Tuner for Freeview (DVB-T), Freeview HD (DVB-T2) and Cable (DVB-C) broadcasts

3. Are these PVR clients resource Hungary ? will this max out my PI so I cant use it for anything else ?

4. does the PI have to stay "ON" the at all times to record shows ? Don't think the raspberry pi 2 has a sleep option.

5 How relabel is this setup to replace my set top box ?

• Official Post

A few things:

- I removed the advertisement in your post.

- Please change your topic title to something more useful. Shouting 'newbee' is not usefull, at all.

PS: Never mind, I changed it for you.

• Here are some answerrs for you:

1. Yes you can run the Tvh backend and client on the sam Rpi - you may run into playback issues (framedrops) if you're trying to record and playback at the same time - depending on how you have your recording storgae setup. Put the tuner on one USB port (vertical stack) and the usb drive on the other - that will help as each pair of USB ports only handles 480Mbps.
    2. The Hauppauge WinTV-dual HD wil support both tuiners in the 8.2 release of LE. For now - you can use this build and it should work. hauppauge wintv-dual hd - only see one tuner
    3. PVR playback resource use depends on the type of video file being decoded. So depending on your video source and whatever else you're trying to do - it's YMMV. :)
    4. Pi does have to be on to record. There is a way to build in a cron wakeup for recording times using Tvh - but I think most people just leave it running.
    5. I assume you mean ready to replace your TV box? Depends on what your needs are. If you're going to run LE and Tvh on your pi as a simple DVR - I believe it's good to go. Just a bit of configuring to get logos, guide data, etc and you'll be running something solid. For ease of getting up and running - with your described potential setup...I would suggest the build link above...then enable the Tvheadend server and client...then install my tvh2kodi addon and run the wizard to coinfigure your adapter.

You can always post your questions and issues here and someone will likely have an answer!

• Klojum, It wasn't an advert simply the device I was intended to purchase for this task but thanks.

edit4ever, Thanks for the feedback, only other issue is the PI in question is offline (No internet Connection) I tend to browse GITS or Kodi Official Mirror to get Add ons how can I do this with LE to get Tvh ??

GOing back to the offline setup can the EPG and TV show info just come down via the TV aerial ??

• The OTA guide info will load in. Tvh is already available in the LE builds (both backend server and client) so you won't have a problem installing. You can download the tvh2kodi addon release from github and put it on the microSD card - then load via install from zip. It isn't included in the LE builds yet. (I'm working on that)

As for the pi zero - while watching video the interface may be a bit sluggish.