S-Video output

• Hi guys,

I'm trying to build a libreelec machine for my granny, she only has a CRTV and RCA/SCART input on it.

I've managed to dig out an old XFX 8600 Fatal1ty GT with 256MB and I thought it would fit, due to it's S-Video output.

The built system is working just fine, but unfortunatelly, only DVI-D outputs work, I haven't found a way to export video through S-Video , the TV doesn't even blink. Sound works (it's being outputted through the sound card and connected from jack->RCA to the TV), but no luck with the video.

Can I force libreelec to output video through S-Video output or what? I know I'm talking jurassic talk here, so bare with me, but I'm sure there must be a way.

I just wanna make my granny happy and let her watch her old movies, just to remember the old times.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Nuno

edit: I'm sorry if this question's been answered before, but I couldn't find anything related when I searched the forums.

Edited once, last by dodge (July 12, 2017 at 1:23 AM).

• Official Post

^ The above is based on the composite output config I used to ship in AppleTV builds. You will need to change the TVStandard option to match your TV and store the file as /storage/.config/xorg.conf and "systemctl restart xorg" to effect the change.