Posts by dodge

There are no updates at all at those drivers that is why I am a bit out of ideas. Maybe some USB power problem, MAYBE !? Try another USB port.

That's exactly what I tried first.

This is very strange, if I enable debug loglevel in tvheadend gui, it actually acknowledges when I disconnect the adapter, but there's no feedback when I connect it again:

After close inspection I realized that dmesg does mention my adapter right after I connect it:

1. [ 6.595701] usb 1-1: dvb_usb_v2: found a 'Dexatek DK DVB-T Dongle' in warm state
    2. [ 6.790221] usb 1-1: dvb_usb_v2: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer
    3. [ 6.790249] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (Dexatek DK DVB-T Dongle)
    4. [ 6.792109] dvb_usb_rtl28xxu 1-1:1.0: unknown tuner NONE
    5. [ 6.801189] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_rtl28xxu

My adapter does have a RTL2832 chip, so the driver is correct.

I'm starting to think this has something to do with tvheadend itself and not LE.

I'm at loss...

Edit: I ran usb-devices and found out that the driver isn't actually loading!?

Code
    T:  Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#=  8 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
    D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1
    P:  Vendor=1d19 ProdID=1101 Rev=01.00
    S:  Manufacturer=Realtek
    S:  Product=DVB-T Dongle
    S:  SerialNumber=00000991
    C:  #Ifs= 2 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=500mA
    I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)
    I:  If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)

Yes, it's been working perfectly for a year now, same adapter, same rig, same channels.

I have auto-updates, so it might have updated itself, I see now I have v8.2.3, not v8.2.2 as I mentioned before.

Thanks for your help anyway, I'll keep trying. Reverting to an older LE version might work, if not, I'll format and reinstall.

Cheers!

There you go:

service.log

... but I see nothing strange, besides one of the clients trying to connect and being rejected.

What's strange is that the device, despite being detected, is not listed in the TV Adapters list:

Could this be driver related?

On the System.log:

System.log

... I see these lines:

[ 6.790249] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (Dexatek DK DVB-T Dongle)

[ 6.792109] dvb_usb_rtl28xxu 1-1:1.0: unknown tuner NONE

[ 6.801189] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_rtl28xxu

... so it seems to be using the dvb_usb_rtl28xxu driver.

Here's also the Hardware.log and KODI.log, maybe it will help:

Hardware.log

KODI.log

Thanks again for your help!

Hi guys,

since a few days ago, my tvheadend PVR backend stopped working.

Basically, all channels disappeared and when I tried to open the web gui, there was none.

It looks like the PVR service isn't loading on boot, because when I try to access the web gui, I get a page not found.

So, I started the service manually through putty, and the tvheadend web gui then appeared, but I couldn't login in, my credentials weren't working. I uninstalled PVR service, deleted tvheadend folder in Userdata\addon_data and reinstalled tvheadend service.

Now the service starts on boot, and web gui is available as soon as libreelec loads, but now, my TV adapter is no longer listed on Configuration->DVB Inputs, so I can't setup the channels.

My DVB-T adapter according to kodi Hardware.log:

The adapter is working, I tested it in a Windows machine, so it seems it stopped working in Librelec alone.

I'm using LibreElec 8.2.2.

Thanks for your help!

Hi guys,

I'm trying to build a libreelec machine for my granny, she only has a CRTV and RCA/SCART input on it.

I've managed to dig out an old XFX 8600 Fatal1ty GT with 256MB and I thought it would fit, due to it's S-Video output.

The built system is working just fine, but unfortunatelly, only DVI-D outputs work, I haven't found a way to export video through S-Video , the TV doesn't even blink. Sound works (it's being outputted through the sound card and connected from jack->RCA to the TV), but no luck with the video.

Can I force libreelec to output video through S-Video output or what? I know I'm talking jurassic talk here, so bare with me, but I'm sure there must be a way.

I just wanna make my granny happy and let her watch her old movies, just to remember the old times.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Nuno

edit: I'm sorry if this question's been answered before, but I couldn't find anything related when I searched the forums.

Well, never mind.
    I can see the available build wasn't compiled with support for Thrustmaster devices.
    I'm compiling it myself as I write. Would it be too much to ask support for these devices in the future? I guess they're pretty common.

Thank you!

Hi guys!

I've migrated from OE a couple of weeks ago and I'm very pleased with LE.
    Finally, I have the perfect HTPC with everything working, thanks to you guys.

There's just one small glitch with my setup; I installed Moonlight in order to stream games from my game rig.
    Video streaming is working perfectly (the audio isn't, despite my efforts), but that must be from the audio output settings in the addon.

Now, my gamepad isn't detected. I had an old usb "ThrustMaster, Inc. Dual Trigger 3-in-1" hanging around and I thought about using it, but I guess LE doesn't support it?

lsusb outputs this:

Code
    Bus 007 Device 003: ID 044f:b323 ThrustMaster, Inc. Dual Trigger 3-in-1 (PC Mode)

... but dmesg doesn't even mention it.
    I also don't get the "New device configured" dialog in LE when I connect it.

It still works perfectly on Linux Mint/Ubuntu and Windows 10. I tried installing evtest, but couldn't find it for the latest LE Krypton.
    So, do I have to buy another gamepad? Is there anything I can do in order to make it work?

Thanks in advance :)