PVR stopped working

• Hi guys,

since a few days ago, my tvheadend PVR backend stopped working.

Basically, all channels disappeared and when I tried to open the web gui, there was none.

It looks like the PVR service isn't loading on boot, because when I try to access the web gui, I get a page not found.

So, I started the service manually through putty, and the tvheadend web gui then appeared, but I couldn't login in, my credentials weren't working. I uninstalled PVR service, deleted tvheadend folder in Userdata\addon_data and reinstalled tvheadend service.

Now the service starts on boot, and web gui is available as soon as libreelec loads, but now, my TV adapter is no longer listed on Configuration->DVB Inputs, so I can't setup the channels.

My DVB-T adapter according to kodi Hardware.log:

The adapter is working, I tested it in a Windows machine, so it seems it stopped working in Librelec alone.

I'm using LibreElec 8.2.2.

Thanks for your help!

• There you go:

service.log

... but I see nothing strange, besides one of the clients trying to connect and being rejected.

What's strange is that the device, despite being detected, is not listed in the TV Adapters list:

Could this be driver related?

On the System.log:

System.log

... I see these lines:

[ 6.790249] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (Dexatek DK DVB-T Dongle)

[ 6.792109] dvb_usb_rtl28xxu 1-1:1.0: unknown tuner NONE

[ 6.801189] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_rtl28xxu

... so it seems to be using the dvb_usb_rtl28xxu driver.

Here's also the Hardware.log and KODI.log, maybe it will help:

Hardware.log

KODI.log

Thanks again for your help!

• htsp: 192.168.1.72 [ Kodi Media Center ]: Unauthorized access

hmm wrong user/pw ?

since a few days ago, my tvheadend PVR backend stopped working.

Hmm, did you upgrade LE ? we have other reports that the stick is not working at all, now my question is does he worked and after reboot didn't worked? Or did you updated or something ?

Google is full of similar problems that sound like it had never worked at all.

... so it seems to be using the dvb_usb_rtl28xxu driver.

yes this is rather suspicious, I wasn't sure if it is just an bogus warning at the log or a real problem, the Tvh log shows nothing so it basically an driver problem -> I wonder that it had worked at all

• Yes, it's been working perfectly for a year now, same adapter, same rig, same channels.

I have auto-updates, so it might have updated itself, I see now I have v8.2.3, not v8.2.2 as I mentioned before.

Thanks for your help anyway, I'll keep trying. Reverting to an older LE version might work, if not, I'll format and reinstall.

Cheers!

• There are no updates at all at those drivers that is why I am a bit out of ideas. Maybe some USB power problem, MAYBE !? Try another USB port.

That's exactly what I tried first.

This is very strange, if I enable debug loglevel in tvheadend gui, it actually acknowledges when I disconnect the adapter, but there's no feedback when I connect it again:

After close inspection I realized that dmesg does mention my adapter right after I connect it:

1. [ 6.595701] usb 1-1: dvb_usb_v2: found a 'Dexatek DK DVB-T Dongle' in warm state
    2. [ 6.790221] usb 1-1: dvb_usb_v2: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer
    3. [ 6.790249] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (Dexatek DK DVB-T Dongle)
    4. [ 6.792109] dvb_usb_rtl28xxu 1-1:1.0: unknown tuner NONE
    5. [ 6.801189] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_rtl28xxu

My adapter does have a RTL2832 chip, so the driver is correct.

I'm starting to think this has something to do with tvheadend itself and not LE.

I'm at loss...

Edit: I ran usb-devices and found out that the driver isn't actually loading!?

Code
    T:  Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#=  8 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
    D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1
    P:  Vendor=1d19 ProdID=1101 Rev=01.00
    S:  Manufacturer=Realtek
    S:  Product=DVB-T Dongle
    S:  SerialNumber=00000991
    C:  #Ifs= 2 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=500mA
    I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)
    I:  If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff Driver=(none)

Edited once, last by dodge (February 6, 2018 at 3:21 AM).