Can't set manual IP address

• Official Post

shedrock:

disable "sync playback to display". As I said before, this disables passthrough, like it's explained in the settings if you move over it and look at the bottom of your settings menu.

enable VAPPI: Without that you don't have video hardware acceleration and all the job is done via the CPU which could cause some stutter (depending on the CPU). and DON'T enable VDPAU. It wouldn't hurt, but it's simply not in use because you don't have the hardware for it.

The rest looks fine. But for the reason you have "sync playback to display" enabled you won't get passthrough at all, like I said in my posting above.

Synchronise video and audio to the refresh rate of the monitor. VideoPlayer won't use passthrough audio in this case because resampling may be required.

• Official Post

I think you have your answer.

So if you are sure you have passthrough activated, are you sure you have "sync playback to display" deactivated. As this will deactivate passthrough

In the explaination of that setting, it's said:

"Synchronise video and audio to the refresh rate of the monitor. VideoPlayer won't use passthrough audio in this case because resampling may be required."

• Guys, I've tried all different combinations of the switches but nothing is working for me. If I disable "sync playback to display" I get no audio at all.

Also, in my OE setup as always, all those switches are set to on and everyhting works as it should. I will give it another try today and see what happens.

Thanks

• Yes the setting changes. In the past, if you enable "Sync playback to display" you have had some options...."Drop/dupe audio" and/or "Drop video". Those options doesn't exist anymore. Don't ask us why. Team Kodi removed them and we only use what we get.

So comparing with an older Kodi version (which OE ships) doesn't make sense. Probably even OE 6.95.3 might be older than our 7.0.2.

Getting no sound by disabling that feature is nearly impossible, because by disabling this feature you will have passthrough which you didn't have before. So...as I have intel hardware myself...the settings you should set are:

- disable "Sync playback to display"
    - enable passthrough and select the formats your AVR is capable of
    - be sure any setting is correct AVR wise
    - enable VAAPI and disable VDPAU (<- this wouldn't affect the sound, that's only for video, but do it anyways because by disabling both you don't have hardware acceleration at all).

If you still have sound issues, then came up with a new log...

- enable debug logging
    - reboot the machine
    - play a DTS movie/file directly after boot (don't do anything else, no library scans, no addon launching...nothing...only the movie. If necessary disable "Update library on start" if you have it enabled and if, disalbe all PVR services you might have running)
    - grab a log

• DaVu - You are absolutely right. I did exactly as you said and it works great now. Sorry for all the confusion, but I didn't realize things changed with Kodi.

Thanks again to all that helped me.

Shedrock

Edited once, last by shedrock (July 21, 2016 at 12:36 PM).