Extremely new and need help

• so i have a k2 quad core android tv box with linux on it. i haven't used it in a while and i finally turned it on and i seen all kinds of errors and couldn't find any movies to watch, i did a factory reset which was not a good idea cause now its booting into the factory recovery screen. i downloaded the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator but it wont show my usb drive, i have no idea where to start or what to do, thanks in advanced

• I have an android mxq box and put libreelec on it and have a few questions...

I ran a test on it with ares wizard and it says I have something like (I'm going off memory) 119 mb of momery and its all being used.

When I check my box under system info it says I have about 700 mbs of total storage and that my box has 5.1 gb of total space from the manufacture.

I've done a bit of reading on this and it appears that I want to use something called gparted (a Linux program) to expand my memory from the 700 to the 5.1 gigs.

I can really use some help cuz I have no idea if I can download gparted onto my box directly and do this, or what way to proceed on this. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• sawrie: Two things:

- Do not hijack other people's threads. If you have a problem on your own hardware, create a new topic.

- Also, don't ever expect us to help you with hardware on which illegal add-ons (f.e. Ares) are installed. You can expect to be kicked off this forum quickly if you continue to do so.

• @TODDzillaInLA : Also two things:

- Don't start openings topics all over the forum on either your box or the USB-SD Creator application. it's better to keep your problems together as they could be linked to one another.

- Your box is a S812 SoC based device, in which case you should have a read here.

PS: personally I'm not too fond of cries for help such as "Extremely new and need help".

I prefer topic titles to be a bit more relevant to the problem at hand.

• sorry for posting here.. I wasn't aware that it was a problem and thought since we were both having problems and we were both new to Linux it was similar but I see now that the problems aren't and why I shouldn't post here.. ty.

P.S. I didn't realize ares was an illegal add-on, I'll ask about that on another thread. Ty again.

• hey Todd, maybe you downloaded the tar instead of the img file, or maybe you didn't unzip the file before putting it on the sd card?

no, im downloading the img and I'm unzipping it, I think the problem is burning the img to the USB stick, didn't think this was going to be so hard, easier to unlock s off and root a android phone lol

• thanks for the advice, unfortunately im stock at the system recovery screen. i used win32deskimager to load the img to the usb stick but i guess its not right cause it does not show anything to load in the menus

That appears to be the Android boot loader screen, don't think you can install LibreELEC from that menu. Find the correct Android firmware for your box and install it. You may have to use a computer to install Android back on to it. Once you get Android installed, you can then install LibeELEC.