Connectivity Issues - Intel NUC - WiFi and wired

• I recently made the switch from Openelec to Libreelec 8.0.2 so I could upgrade to Kodi 17.3. My setup worked flawless on openelec for a very long time. Since making the switch to Libreelec I've been getting all kinds of connection issues.

System 1: Boxnuc6cayh - worked great for 2 weeks. Rebooted and suddenly won't recognize wired connection anymore. WiFi gives a connection error but still works . This box is far from the router so has a fairly weak signal. Have tried moving connection from gigabit switch to the router to the providers modem. Will not recognize any. Brought it to a friends and would not connect wired either. Lights on NIC and router do come on showing connected.

System 2 and 3: Boxnuc5cpyh - Constantly dropping wifi signal. Gives error "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include the remote app." 3 or 4 connection attempts later having to enter the password each time it will finally connect for about 5 minutes and drop again. Tried this on the providers router and a friends and the same thing happens on all. Works fine wired but I have to run a cable across the floor here.

System 4: Boxdn2820 - this box will not connect to any wifi network. I get the exact same error as above but no matter how many attempts I make I get no connection. Tried various routers as above and works fine wired as above but need a cable through the whole basement on this one.

Is there something I'm missing here such as drivers for the nuc that wouldn't have been needed with openelec??

• I have just bought one of these accursed things (NUC6CAYH). After spending days on search engines on it my general impression is they are still really a Windows [TM] only device. Linux drivers for Apollo Lake seem to be work in progress (ahem)..

Wifi hardware not recognised in Linux (Ubuntu 17.04 kernel 4.10) on my NUC6CAYH. In Windows 10 it required the driver provided by intel.

If it worked for you previously think yourself lucky.

The Wifi in the NUC6CAYH is a daughter card. Try opening the NUC & CAREFULLY removing/reseating it.

T

Edited once, last by Tubod (June 25, 2017 at 1:21 PM).

• As a broad rule NUC's are plentiful in number so issues are seen early in testing so we're not aware of any major issues. Current OE and LE releases should be using the same kernel series and driver/firmwares so will be broadly the same. Older OE and current LE will have larger differences. I'd start by making sure all have the latest BIOS/firmware available as that's what the newer drivers etc. are developed against. Then if that didn't cure anything run "dmesg | paste" and share URLs so we can see boot processes and look for error messages.