Posts by IronRobi

I recently made the switch from Openelec to Libreelec 8.0.2 so I could upgrade to Kodi 17.3. My setup worked flawless on openelec for a very long time. Since making the switch to Libreelec I've been getting all kinds of connection issues.

System 1: Boxnuc6cayh - worked great for 2 weeks. Rebooted and suddenly won't recognize wired connection anymore. WiFi gives a connection error but still works . This box is far from the router so has a fairly weak signal. Have tried moving connection from gigabit switch to the router to the providers modem. Will not recognize any. Brought it to a friends and would not connect wired either. Lights on NIC and router do come on showing connected.

System 2 and 3: Boxnuc5cpyh - Constantly dropping wifi signal. Gives error "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include the remote app." 3 or 4 connection attempts later having to enter the password each time it will finally connect for about 5 minutes and drop again. Tried this on the providers router and a friends and the same thing happens on all. Works fine wired but I have to run a cable across the floor here.

System 4: Boxdn2820 - this box will not connect to any wifi network. I get the exact same error as above but no matter how many attempts I make I get no connection. Tried various routers as above and works fine wired as above but need a cable through the whole basement on this one.

Is there something I'm missing here such as drivers for the nuc that wouldn't have been needed with openelec??