How can I get dual audio for analog/bluetooth

• I want to be able to either turn on my speakers and hear the music or power on my bluetooth headsets. I don't want to have to go into the system settings and change the audio output each time.

I found something online that said to edit the /etc/pulse/default.pa file and add a line that says "load-module module-combine-sink sink_name=combined". I do that, but I am unable to save the file because it says the file system is read only. Can someone help me with this method or point me in another direction they know works?

• Official Post

You'll have to make the system partition writeable first via SSH:

Code
    mount -o remount,rw /

Keep in mind, that whenever you will upgrade your LibreELEC device, all of your changes will be wiped,

• Forgive me if I'm missing something, but that isn't working for me. I ran that command and received no response (error, confirmation, or otherwise), but when I try to edit the default.pa file it still says "warning no write permission" and when i try to save my changes it still fails for "Read-only file system".

• With everything else going on (work-wise and chasing my kids around) I may not get around to fiddling around for a while. I just wanted to let you know now that I appreciate the help

• I currently have a python daemon that listens to the dbus interface, so when the bluetooth device (bt audio receiver) is turned on and auto paired with libreelec, this daemon executes a bash script that changes the audio device from hdmi to pulse. My libreelec is an amlogic s905x.

The daemon doesn't filter by connected device mac address, is whatever bluetooth device gets connected.

• Don't have it at github, is just one python and bash script. I'll post here later on here.

I adapted the python code from an answer at serverfault or stackoverflow can't remember.

• Being trying to post here the code and also tried put gist links but the forum keeps saying about censored words

this is the python daemon

External Content gist.github.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this is the shell script that switches the audio device to pulse when device gets connected

External Content gist.github.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ok, i installed manually by placing it in the addon folder, then enable it with kodi. I got an debug error in the log. Do you want to discuss it here, another thread or github?

• This is the error i get with debug level in kodi

Display Spoiler