[SOLVED] GUI all seems a little laggy on new tv

• hi all :)

Hoping someone here can help me a little here.

I have a pi 3 with latest le8 on it connected to my old tv which only had 720p hd and everything worked perfect.

I have now just bought a new tv which is 1080p. I reformatted and reinstalled le8 on my sd for the pi3 as I thought it would be nice to start fresh with new tv :).

But I have noticed that when navigating through the kodi gui it seems a little stuttering is present and overall the performance just seems a little slower.

Could this be because it is now running in 1080p.

I've never touched any settings I always leave everything as default except for adding my mpeg2 licence.

Could it be that it needs optimising if so what do you guys change to get the best out of the pi3, or is it pretty much optimised already from the word go.

Thanks in advance

Rob

• But I have noticed that when navigating through the kodi gui it seems a little stuttering is present and overall the performance just seems a little slower.

Could this be because it is now running in 1080p.

I've never touched any settings I always leave everything as default except for adding my mpeg2 licence.

Could it be that it needs optimising if so what do you guys change to get the best out of the pi3, or is it pretty much optimised already from the word go.

Go to Settings > Interface > Skin > Configure skin > then turn off "Use slide animations" and see if it helps.

• Hi thanks for your responses.

below is the link to the kodi log, i cant make sense of it lol but surely one of you helpful bunch can tell me if its as it should be

kodi log

Thanks in advance.

• You can always switch to 720p in system/video settings.

That will prove if the issue is purely resolution dependent, or if something else in the update has caused it.

• You can always switch to 720p in system/video settings.

That will prove if the issue is purely resolution dependent, or if something else in the update has caused it.

The most bizzare thing is I reformatted my pi2 with latest update that I use in the bedroom on the new tv tonight and that is not suffering from the same gui lagging that my pi3 is. To be honest the pi2 is running alot smoother and everything loads quicker than the pi3.

Not sure What it can be but surely it can only be down to the sd cards so I'm off to buy a new one in the morning.

• I have a SanDisk ultra 32gb.

I have been out and bought a new one exactly the same as the old one was probably getting a little old anyway.

Inserting the new one into the laptop and writing le8 to the sd card straight away I noticed that the write speed was faster than the previous sd card. The old one averaged around 8-9 mbs but the new one averaged around 13-mbs so my guess was that the old sd card was getting to old lol.

Either way it has improved the overall speed now so all is good and thank you so much for all your help.

I do however have one more question now.

I have had similar speed decreases on my ssd in my desktop in the past, but a internal secure write zeros using parted magic and a fresh install has always bought it back to life.

Is there a way this can be done with sd cards.

I always use sd formatter quick resize option enable before installing le8 on any device. Would a full erase or overwrite erase do the same thing as I have done to my ssd in the past.

Cheers