Video playback issue on RPi 3

• Hi.

I'm using Libreelec 8.0.2 on my RPi 3. When i tried to play any 1080p video i got jittering, droped frames and occasionally some audio. I fixed the problem partly, by reducing the max GUI FPS to 5, was 10. Nevertheless, there are still many videos where this problem persists.

The RPi is connected via HDMI to a receiver. Audio is passthrough. Connecting the HDMI cable direct to the TV doens´t change anything.

With Libreelec 7.0.3 i had no such problem.

Any idea how to fix this?

harmony_

• I notice you are using omxplayer. That isn't the default (or recommended) on PI2/Pi3.

Do you have the problem with omxplayer disabled (leaving MMAL enabled)?

• Official Post
    Code
    16:01:31.555 T:1962131264  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.kodibrasilforum

From what I can find out, this repository supplies add-ons for illegal viewing of several types of broadcasts.

"For Watch Worldwide Videos(Any Movies in HD), Live Sports, Music, Pictures, Games, TV Channels country wise"

I'm not convinced at this time that this is all free tv, thus support stops here.

Please read our forum rules on piracy before expecting support on Kodi usage.

• Official Post

We had another look and discussed it among team members. It's possible that the closing of this thread was based on a click/bait spam website. So the thread will be reopened.

One other thing: if you have video or music problems, always go back to the system default skin Estuary. Skins like Aeon can be heavy-loaded with extra dependency add-ons and other functionality, that it causes problems within Kodi. When Estuary does not present the problems, ask the skin author for further assistence.

• Thanks for reopening the thread.

I tried with the Estuary skin and the problem persisted. Still, i've found a solution.

Libreelec/Kodi set the resolution autimatically, at least as far as i can recall, to 1920x1080p@60 fps. I changed it to 50 fps and the resolution became "DESKTOP" but it seems to be 1080p still. After a reboot all issues were gone. I can't wrap my head around why it made a difference but maybe somebody else can.