Touchsupport

• But when it comes to using the Program Addon for calibration

True - Kodi Krypon changed something and addon is not visible under Programs. But from the last time I didn't look this further. Will do this on top of my todo list and report back here.

Update: I think addon is installed just not enabled in Kodi. You need to go to Addons, search for this addon and enable it.

Edited once, last by vpeter (July 8, 2016 at 4:59 PM).

• Can someone try this touchscreen calibration addon? It must be manually installed.

Code
    curl --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "2.0","method": "Addons.SetAddonEnabled", "params" : {"addonid": "plugin.program.ts_calibrate", "enabled":true},"id":1}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc

Edited once, last by vpeter (July 8, 2016 at 10:39 AM).

• Can someone try this touchscreen calibration addon? It must be manually installed.

Let me do that in the next hour, and report back.

Nico
    [hr]
    The plugin shows up and works! Woohoo! Thanks!

A side note, probably unrelated, but even after multiple calibrations, precise using a small plastic bit, of fat fingered, I get a consistent offset between the pressure point and the cursor's position. The cursor is above-right by a few millimeters.

Nico

Edited once, last by camelreef (July 8, 2016 at 10:41 AM).

• I get a consistent offset between the pressure point and the cursor's position

You can adjust settings in config file /storage/.config/ts/ts.conf like variance and dejitter. Play with some values and maybe will work better.
    After editing this file you need to reboot.

• You can adjust settings in config file /storage/.config/ts/ts.conf like variance and dejitter. Play with some values and maybe will work better.
    After editing this file you need to reboot.

Thanks!

Any hint on what sort of values and directions I should go in there for the desired result?

Nico

• A big thank you Grruhn and vpeter!!!

I compiled the masterbranch with Kodi Krypton Alpha 3 and the tslib integration yesterday.
    I updated the addon after the first reboot as described in post #21.

Everything works like a charm on my DELL touchscreen now. So, a big thank you!

I also checked out the masterbranch of Estouchy and installed it in Kodi.
    Everything works fine but i can not restart or shutdown the raspi3 with this skin. The shutdown icon seems without function.

But I'm up to 99,99% to perfection!

• brownandi, I assume problem you have is with skin not the touchscreen itself?

Update: I installed the skin on normal system and power button really doesn't do anything. Seems something to report to the author of the skin.

Edited once, last by vpeter (August 3, 2016 at 10:15 AM).

• Hi,

I have a RPi2 with an 5'' LCD touchscreen. It has SPI interface based on ads7846/XPT2046. I would like to use it with Libreelec. After spending a lot of time with searching the internet this topic looks the most promising.

Started with the "LibreELEC 7.0.1 image with egalax support and tslib integration" update file in #9, however it won't install. The system is on LE 7.0.2 now and it completely ignores this update file. Due to this I went for LibreELEC v7.90.004 Alpha as it should contain the touch screen support. It has been installed succesfully however I cannot find the touch screen calibration addon neither in the repositories nor in my addons.

Any hint how to continue?

• sakos, calibration addon itself doesn't do anything. It works only if my tslib touschreen stuff is included. And it is not in official images - you need to compile image yourself or check here if someone posted image for rpi.

• sakos, calibration addon itself doesn't do anything. It works only if my tslib touschreen stuff is included. And it is not in official images - you need to compile image yourself or check here if someone posted image for rpi.

In my understanding the images in post #9 are build for RPi2. The only problem that it won't be installed automatically when put into the update folder. Can it be forced somehow?
    If there is any other possibility I would like to avoid compile by myself.

On the other hand even LE 7.0 responds on touching the screen. It seems that it detects the touch but does not recognize the position. That is why I wanted to run the calibration addon but I could not find it anywhere.

• Yes, this image from #9 post iis correct then.

Why can't you use it to update? What happen?

Nothing. When I reboot the Pi it starts with the existing software. I will try it once more. Probably I did something wrong.

BTW, Based on comments here and here I concluded that Kodi 17 Krypton supports touchscreen. That is why I went for LE alfa release.

Edited once, last by sakos (August 17, 2016 at 8:41 PM).

• If nothing happen then you didn't copied files to update folder correctly. And update process didn't even start if you didn't saw anything on screen.

Yes, Kodi Krypton supports touchscreens. But it doesn't have any calibration addon (at least I don't know for it). Insteady you need to edit some settings in advancedsettings.xml.
    My tslib approach is pre-Krypton and it doesn't involve Kodi.