Release schedule

• Hello everyone,

In the About page, we can read :

LibreELEC intends to publish a mid-term release schedule. Our goal is to never leave you (or ourselves) guessing when the next maintenance or public beta release will arrive. Kodi will occasionally provide us with a moving target to hit, but when this happens we will endeavour to communicate, not frustrate.

But I definitely can't find the schedule... Is it hidden somewhere ?

To be honest, I'm waiting for Kodi 17 Alpha 2 in LE, because of a video library bug (watched status are reset while updating movies info) in the Kodi version implemented in LE 8 Alpha 2. I know I shouldn't be using an Alpha as a day to day system, but what's the best for testing ?

Anyway, you guys are doing an amazing job !

All the best.

Smeulf.

• Official Post

The text on that page probably needs to be tweaked. The intention in the original statement (which I wrote) was more about being communicative and responsive to questions on schedule; which I hope we're being. Advance publishing a schedule with dates will be a challenge as we're dependent upon upstream Kodi which is proving to be a fluid target. That said, maintenance releases for 7.0.x have settled into a ~4 week-ish cycle and the Alpha builds were looking like a ~2 week-ish cycle but we delayed v7.90.003 to wait for Kodi A2, it should be out soon-ish. By the time we reach Krypton release (current guesstimate is late August or September) learning will be done and we'll better understand what we can committ to, and how to word it :)

• Hello chewitt,

Obviously, fixed dates are really hard to determine, even impossible ^^, and as for every project, targets can't sometimes be reached.

Anyway, your answer is very clear, that was the kind of info I was looking for :D

Thanks a lot!

Edited once, last by Smeulf (July 6, 2016 at 11:48 AM).