Dualboot Libreelec with w10

• How can i get that to work? When i install libre the ssd disc become a GPT and w10 wont install on that. Can i easily install libreelec in legacy mode so that i Can have Both OS in MBR? I have an NUC2820. I have tester everything now! Plz help me!

• Official Post

You need:

- Empty hard drive, or be prepared to wipe your drive.

- USB stick with LibreELEC installation files

- A bootable GParted Live USB stick or your favorite partition manager

- Windows 10 installation media

- A copy of EasyBCD (free for private use)

Then:

- Install LibreELEC from the USB stick (This will wipe your drive!!)

- Restart the computer and boot the GParted device

- You will see 2 ext4 partitions: LibreELEC boot (~512MB) and the LibreELEC storage (the rest of your drive's capacity)

- Reduce the size of the storage partition to your prefered value (average 4-8 GB)

- Create a NTFS partition for Windows (and preferably a 2nd NTFS partition for your Windows data)

- Shut down the computer and remove the Gparted bootable media

- Restart the computer with the Windows installation media and install Windows. Restart the computer.

- Windows will now boot. Don't worry that there is no sign of LibreELEC at this point.

- Install EasyBCD and start the program. Create a new boot entry. Select the Linux tab and Syslinux as bootloader. Your LibreELEC boot path will be displayed. Adjust all settings (names, default boot, timeout etc.) and save everything.

- Restart your computer. Et voilá, the boot menu will be displayed and you can select between Windows 10 and LibreELEC.

• You need:

- Empty hard drive, or be prepared to wipe your drive.

- USB stick with LibreELEC installation files

- A bootable GParted Live USB stick or your favorite partition manager

- Windows 10 installation media

Nope. This wont work. You have to install both OS in UEFI (GPT) and EASYBCD wont work with that. Must be mine Intel NUC who f*uck it up in that case.

• EasyBCD is not working with UEFI. So, can I follow this tutorial but with legacy installation instead of UEFI?

• EasyBCD is not working with UEFI. So, can I follow this tutorial but with legacy installation instead of UEFI?

That "tutorial" was written some 2.5 years ago. Plenty of motherboards have more sophisticated BIOS/UEFIs onboard. It'll depend on the motherboard at hand to see if/how legacy modes are available.