Posts by Mydriaze

Thanks for your reply. I won't install a full Linux distribution cause I will never use it (for now, but if it's the only solution, I will, of course).

So, bascially:

1.I install Windows 10 in legacy mode, not UEFI (and UEFI disabled in my BIOS, and Secure boot too). It will be NTFS.

2.I launch GParted Live from an USB stick, then Reduce my Windows 10 partition to the size I want.

3.I convert the remaining space into EXT4 only (and only 1 partition)

4.I install LibreElec on the EXT4 partition.

5. I light some candles and do some voodoo prayers

6.I reboot, and...

...and what will happen normally?

I will try tomorow following the step I wrote. If it's not working, I will probably do what you advice to me: use Kodibuntu for example, as a dedicated linux OS.

EasyBCD is not working with UEFI. So, can I follow this tutorial but with legacy installation instead of UEFI?

I don't want to bother anyone, but honestly i'm lost. I've tried several way to create a dual boot. First, I've installed Win 10. Then, used Gparted live usb stick to create partition, then, install LibreElec... and my boot disappear. No more Windows.

Is there a easier way to proceed? Is there any update on this? My ultmate goal is to use my Intel Nuc with Windows 10, LibreElec, then Steam OS.

Thanks for your help.

am unable to Copy LibreElec to target file-system when using this code:

cp /media/ubuntu/LIBREELEC/KERNEL /mnt/sda6/

I got:

cp: cannot stat '/media/ubuntu/LIBREELEC/KERNEL no such file or directory

Any update on the way to dual boot? I mean, a more simple way... I struggle a lot right now...

Hello OP, did you find a proper solution? I'm struggling too! Impossible right now to have dual boot Windows 10 and LibrELec.

I have an Intel nuc too. I installed firt LE, then resize the partition using Gparted Live USB, then convert the new partition in NTFS. But it won't work.

I was using till now EasyBCD. Just discover ReFind a few minutes ago, but don't know if it's working or not. I really have the feeling I need to have a PHD in linux system in order to get everything working!

Also:

How did You create the (hopefully correct??) boot media?

Installation of LibreELEC [LibreELEC.wiki]

I install it with LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32 program.
    Once again, my keyboard is working cause I can into my BIOS without any issue, then I boot on my USB key, and I get stuck: arrows are not working. Don't ask me why but with the same exact hardware, I was able to install it previously. I've tried to dual boot LibreELEC and Windows 10 but had an issue with the EFI behaviour, and was not able to access LibreELEC, so that's why I choose to inbstall LibreELEC only (for the moment).

I appreciate the fact you try to help me guys.

Hello everyone,

I bought my father a Raspberry Pi 3 in order to install LibreElec on it.
    Everything went flawless, excepting the network (Wifi) connection: I enter my password (and yes, i double checked it was the right one), but once I press "ok" i have the following error message: "Network Error - Invalid arguments".

The password for my wifi is like that "abcd12-efgh34-ijkl56". No complex symbols, nothing weird.
    The password is working with my phone right now, so I guess it's not related to the wifi passsword.

So, i'm stuck! :( Any help will be great!