Will it boot without a monitor? (SOLVED)

• Hi,
    since openelec will not boot if no monitor is connected, I wonder if libreelec will? If not, is there a way to fix it? I've tried several things via SSH but none did work.

Also, which build should I download to work with an ASUS nvidia ion board (2010)? I've had to use the legacy build of openelec to get it installed.
    Thanks.

Cheers,
    Frank

Edited once, last by Frank (July 4, 2016 at 5:43 PM).

• Official Post

Add this parameter to the config.txt file. Use HDMI mode even if no HDMI monitor is detected

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

If your Nvidia ION box is 64-bit capable, you can try the Generic build. If it's 32-bit only, you'll need to use a much older version of OpenELEC.

• Official Post

#1: In my experience there is ION, and then there are all the nVidia boards that people call ION that are actually something else. Tell us the actual nVidia GPU number by running "lspci" and we can confirm whether the board is supported or not.

#2: It is possible to capture the EDID from the TV when it's connected to an edid.bin file and then use a custom xorg.conf that references the edid.bin file to ensure Xorg always thinks the TV is connected. Read: Config EDID nvidia - OpenELEC

#3: Ignore my colleague Klojum, he's confused; config.txt is a pi thing :)

• Code
    cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | paste

run that after a clean boot, share the URL it generates here

Here it is: PJCF
    [hr]
    OK, I got it to work. Thanks a lot. I admit that I do not fully understand what the EDID stuff is all about but from the log you made me generate I gathered the correct DFP number and then the rest worked out just fine.

Again, thank you very much!

Edited once, last by Frank (July 4, 2016 at 5:42 PM).

• Official Post
    Code
    cp /etc/X11/xorg-nvidia.conf /storage/.config/xorg.conf
    wget http://sprunge.us/PJCF -O xorg.log
    nvidia-xconfig --extract-edids-from-file=xorg.log --extract-edids-output-file=/storage/.config/edid.bin
    nano /storage/.config/xorg.conf
    (uncomment the 3-4 lines related to edid.bin then save)
    reboot

^^ that should do it. The device is DFP-0 which is the default config in the xorg.conf file so no need to change values.

• What would be the intel version of this command?

nvidia-xconfig --extract-edids-from-file=xorg.log --extract-edids-output-file=/storage/.config/edid.bin

On intel you can extract the edid from /sys, do a "find /sys -name "edid" to see the path.