LE 8.0.2 hangs (or restarts) when left on PVR screen.

• Hi,

Since my beginnings with LE I have strange issue. When I leave my RPI
    2 on PVR screen it hangs (or sometimes restarts KODI only) within
    couple of hours. Sometimes it takes longer, sometimes less but it always
    happens. Never noticed it on any other screen and it can work without
    problems for weeks, so I've learned to not leave it on PVR but it's not a
    solution. To be precise - I'm talking about screen shown on attachment
    below. Now I'm on LE 8.0.2 with TVH HTSP Client as PVR frontend.
    Tvheadend itself is working on another RPI with Raspbian. Is there any
    chance to have it fixed? If any logs are necessary please let me know.

• For some reason I didn't got email notification about replies in this thread. Will check TVH version as soon as I'll be back home, but it's important to note that TVH is installed on another machine in my network. Same problem happened when TVH was installed as a plugin in LE so then I moved it to Raspbian, but problem is still there.

P.S. My TVH version is 4.1-2332~g38c9e89 and it's running on Raspbian Jessie with kernel 4.9.28-v7+.

Edited once, last by zurdar (June 26, 2017 at 7:05 PM).

• I was seeing the same on my RPI3. I often leave it in the EPG whilst Idle. I would return to the RPI3 and find it was frozen on the EPG screen. I also noticed in the top-right corner it would say "Loading Channels from clients - 0%" or similar so maybe it was doing something PVR-related when it froze.

I could get it going again by SSH'ing into the machine and running "systemctl restart kodi" - or simply with an old-fashioned poweroff/poweron at the plug.

On my RPI3 I have a very minimal build - just pvr.hts plugin, itvplayer, docker, inadyn.

I have my TVH Server in another room on generic x86 machine which I have left at v8.0.1.

I've just reverted back to 8.0.1 on the RPI3 and (fingers crossed) it now seems more stable.

Happy to try putting the RPI3 back to v8.0.2 and provide logs if someone could advise which logs to provide.

• This problem is not going away unfortunately.

On my Pi3 it has crashed 5 times already this morning with no user intervention.

Seems to always crash when left in the EPG on a past event.

Here are the 5x crash logs for the occurrences this morning:

SUDD

WNIL

THLc

MXUX

EQFJ

Every time the crash log seems to end with:

ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()

Kodi seems to restart itself correctly of it's own accord. If I upgrade to 17.3 (LibreELEC 8.0.2) then I find that it will hang instead of automatically restarting kodi (hence why I went back to 8.0.1).

Here is also a crash log from my generic x86 machine, which also crashed this morning.

JKPh

Any thoughts on what might be causing these crashes - is there anything in the crash logs that gives any clues?

• Who said that "it was working before"? It never worked properly for me. I got sick and tired of random Kodi crashes that were caused by HTSP. I gave up on TVH almost a year ago and never looked back.

• Please upgrade to a newer LE Version:

Code
    01:59:39.471 T:139829498733824  NOTICE: Running on LibreELEC (community) - Version: 8.0.1, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.8.13

I have upgraded my RPI3 to the very latest v8.1.1 build (kodi 17.4) and the problem still exists.

I left kodi in the PVR section of the home screen last night, and as before it crashed out.

fWYR

It really is that easy to reproduce - I just leave it in the PVR section of the Home Screen.

If any further logfiles are needed to help solve the problem then I'm happy to supply them.

• still experience the same issue.

already updated tvheadend (seperate server) to the latest SVN build. Issue still exist.

its very annoying, and i hoped it was solved on the latest Kodi or Libre build.

the only workaround is to walk to the HTPC and hold the power button for 5 sec. after that power on again.

wich logs can i provide when it happens?

• +1 for Wetek Play 2 on v8.1.1b (and before).

The worst thing on this crash is that it also often wakes a box from sleep, which lights up my TV via libCEC. Not the thing you await during the night.

The box is reachable via ssh with "gdb" debugger process hitting 100% CPU, but not responsive via remote.

Will provide logs later.

Edited 2 times, last by i3laze (September 11, 2017 at 9:25 PM).

• I talked to a team member and it would be nice if the logs would have been debuglogs. So please enable debug logging first and then grab the log

I enabled debug logging earlier today then left it in the PVR Section of the Home screen, and low and behold it crashed.

Here is the debug crash log

PGDD

Note: This is on my RPi3 running LibreELEC 8.1.1, but I can reproduce on other LE versions too (8.0.1, 8.0.2).

I can also reproduce on my Generic x86_64 machine, which hosts my TVHeadend server (LE 8.0.1 with Kernel 4.8).