Issues after upgrading to krypton then downgrading back .

• Hi all

I'm using libreelec and upgraded to krypton decided I didn't like then downgraded using options within libreelec.

After downgrading I've lost some menus in settings and also names are different like its still partly in krypton??Also doesn't display if play Dolby/dts etc

For some reason soft and hard reset options are not working .
    Sadly I didn't save anything .

Any suggestions as to what I can try to fix ?

The only thing I changed when in krypton was to change skin to confluence .

I'm using a intel NUC dn2820 and any advice as to what I can try is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

• Official Post

The device you're using is irrelevant. If you downgrade back to Jarvis some things like libraries will revert to previous state because you resume using the older DB files that are still kicking around in the filesystem, but you now have a hybrid Jarvis/Krypton guisettings.xml file and some of the add-ons installed will have been updated to Krypton-specific versions that either won't work or might not play nice with Jarvis. I'd advocate copying the library DB files and thumbs somewhere safe then starting over with a clean Kodi configuration before moving sources.xml and DB/thumbs back.

Next time make a backup before you start, then reverting cleanly to Jarvis or a previous state is trivial.

• Thanks for the reply .

Dam so I either transfer my moves off the NUC hard drive somewhere or I lose them , then have to put them on again one a fresh install done.

Teaches me to mess when I don't know what I'm doing 😂

Now to figure out how to do a fresh install as it's been a long time . As you can guess I'm not too computer minded

• Official Post
    Code
    systemctl stop kodi.service
    mv /storage/.kodi /storage/.kodi-old
    systemctl start kodi.service

^ You can stop Kodi and move items like Thumbnails, sources.xml and library DB files from the old folder to the new folder and restart. No need to wipe the drive. I forget what all the version numbers are for DB files so start Jarvis once with no config and it will create them, then you know which file versions to copy back.

• Official Post

I also answered in the kodi forums. Just deleting the guisettings.xml should solve that problem after a reboot, too.

Had that several times while testing Kodi Krypton and reverting back to jarvis.

I'm using libreelec and upgraded to krypton decided I didn't like then downgraded

Would be interesting which part you don't like. If it's the standard skin Estuary and you liked Confluence more, that's easy to solve as Confluence still can be installed from the Kodi repositories. Be aware that Jarvis will get no love anymore. So if you are facing issues with it, they won't be fixed anymore.

• Thanks both for replies.

I found that the picture seemed a little darker , but not sure if that my eyes or not . The NUC is connected to a receiver then to oled 4K tv.

I also had an issue with iptv being juddery , on my NUC using krypton but not Jarvis especially when context menu brought up say when itv etc playing . Not sure I'm allowed to talk about iptv on here though(iptv used as i can't get Ariel to the room where my kodi box is as not permitted to wire and sky won't upgrade me to Q without silly money paid )

Thanks guys for the replies, will give it a try hopefully tonight