[TESTING][S905(X)] 10bit/HDR/Dithering Test Builds & Discussion

• Hi afl1, can we have your version for KII Pro pls ?

also can you tell us which version of tvheadend and htps client you are using ?

Thanks in advance

My builds are compatible with 8.1 LE repository, only pvr's have to be built for Leia.

OK, I'll upload my build for testing.

• Hi Afl1: i am on the verge of flashing john"s latest test build onto my KII Pro. i could wait if you can tell me how long it takes for you to upload and where exactly are you going to upload your file.

One dumb question, why are you still working on 8.1 when john"s builds are based on v9? does it require too much time from one version to other ? is it impossible ?

• John: i have flashed your latest build on y KII Pro. But soon after flashing i have screen tearing issues... i have s905 box with internal tuner

Is there a way to get rid off of it ?

• Hi Afl1: i am on the verge of flashing john"s latest test build onto my KII Pro. i could wait if you can tell me how long it takes for you to upload and where exactly are you going to upload your file.

One dumb question, why are you still working on 8.1 when john"s builds are based on v9? does it require too much time from one version to other ? is it impossible ?

This is testing build and it is better to be compatible with 8.1.

My Leia test build for KI Pro:

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.0-devel-201707090813-g834a470-I.img.gz

For other S905 devices replace nougat dtb.

This build is incompatible with pvr's from LE repository. For tvheadend use pvr.hts-4.1.0.2.zip.

• This is testing build and it is better to be compatible with 8.1.

This build is incompatible with pvr's from LE repository. For tvheadend use pvr.hts-4.1.0.2.zip.

I am having Screen tearing Issue at the Boot up Screen. i mean flickering screen.

I dont know why... is it booting normally for you ?

• i cant really see the texts properly and the screen is flickered. it is the same issue with Johns test build also. i dont know why.

i have KII Pro with no WiFi chip working.

My bad. Thanks for your help. i am reverting back to last stable build of yours.

• This is testing build and it is better to be compatible with 8.1.

I've just tried your build and am getting a lot of frame skips using TVHeadend (the one you've linked to). I made a quick recording if it's of any use to you @ Dropbox - Moonraker-ITV HD2017-07-0915-30.ts

• I'm afraid I'm seeing a lot more frame skips on testing4 versus testing3 watching back 23.976p movie at 24Hz (The first Hobbit film - HEVC codec at 720p). No changes made to any settings - just dropped the .tar file into update folder and rebooted,

This is on Beelink MX64 2GB/8GB S905. My TV is Panasonic Plasma model TX-P42X50B and I have direct HDMI connection between the S905 and the TV. These HEVC files play back perfect using LE Jarvis and LE Krypton.

Do you need a log?

I can recreate, so I don't need a log. Thank you.

Thank you.

Hi Afl1: i am on the verge of flashing john"s latest test build onto my KII Pro. i could wait if you can tell me how long it takes for you to upload and where exactly are you going to upload your file.

I'm not yet sure about the screen tearing. Did you get the tearing/flickering on the v8 testing builds? I'm also going to do v8 builds when there are kernel changes shortly. v9 is still very much a work in progress, with some kodi issues we have to tackle. On the release page, I state the following:

This kodi version is an alpha, libreelec 9 is still in heavy development, and this kernel is still in heavy development -- please treat this build as such.

• I agree with johngalt. LE9 and Kodi 18 is pre alpha software. Don't expect things to work perfectly. In fact peak3d and others are currently working on Video Player updates. Playback might improve. I wouldn't do many patching in LE9 (without PRing it to kodi upstream though). Be patient. I know people are craving for Amazon and Netflix but development takes time.

• I agree with johngalt. LE9 and Kodi 18 is pre alpha software. Don't expect things to work perfectly. In fact peak3d and others are currently working on Video Player updates. Playback might improve. I wouldn't do many patching in LE9 (without PRing it to kodi upstream though). Be patient. I know people are craving for Amazon and Netflix but development takes time.

I agree with you -- I'm not planning on spending much time on the videoplayer side of leia at this point in time given all the work going into it, and that the time is better spent dealing with the remaining full nougat amports bugs.

The most I might do right now for leia is test a newclock5 build to see the status of the VideoPlayer work (which includes many AML changes). I've noticed MilhouseVH is also using this branch for RPI builds, which he states fixes some playback issues they were facing on leia.

• I'm not yet sure about the screen tearing. Did you get the tearing/flickering on the v8 testing builds? I'm also going to do v8 builds when there are kernel changes shortly. v9 is still very much a work in progress, with some kodi issues we have to tackle. On the release page, I state the following:

hi John, before I get into the main screen of Libreelec, that means right after booting the screen tear appears. It's so difficult to see, read and choose the option being displayed. It happens only with your test builds and also the latest test build from afl1.

We know that it's still in pre alpha stage of development. I was just reporting the problem being faced with my box. It has got nothing to do with complaining. Thanks developers for understanding us so well.

Keep up the good work.

• hi John, before I get into the main screen of Libreelec, that means right after booting the screen tear appears. It's so difficult to see, read and choose the option being displayed. It happens only with your test builds and also the latest test build from afl1.

We know that it's still in pre alpha stage of development. I was just reporting the problem being faced with my box. It has got nothing to do with complaining. Thanks developers for understanding us so well.

Keep up the good work.

Did you get this on the v8 testing builds? There were (are?) some hdmi quirks that only affect some setups on the nougat kernel, and I'm trying to determine if this is one of them.

Edit: an update for the devs: I did a newclock5 test build (branch newclock5 on amillogical/LibreELEC.tv) and didn't get any frame skips after the first few seconds of playback on a 60fps h265 movie. Unfortunately this also causes kodi to crash when trying to open a netflix or amazon stream (to be expected given development state).

Edited 2 times, last by johngalt (July 9, 2017 at 8:58 PM).

• newclock5 looks like a rpi branch. Last time I talked to peak3d (amlogic maintainer) he said they are working on vpupdates branch.

You're right. It has most all vpupdates commits however. I also just tried a straight vpupdates build and got the same kodi crash. Given the development state I'm not surprised, I was just interested to try it personally.