Librespot addon

• As for not being able to stop feedback from another account, I think it is a (quite logical) feature of librespot.

I can see, that it is a matter of security and separation of users. Anyhow, it seems to me a necessity from a usability point of view to allow at least local kodi users to stop playback (via a regular "stop" button).
    We had situations like this: I start music via librespot, an hour later I leave home to fetch groceries. At this point my wife and children were forced to either listen to my selected music until the playlist is done or I return, switch off the AMP, restart the libreelec-box or call me so I can stop it remotely.

• Official Post

I have have updated streaming to Kodi:

Code

Preview for Generic

Preview for RPi2

Improvements:

Update to latest librespot.

Stopping Librespot playback in Kodi restarts librespot service, playing user is disconnected.

librespot service is stopped during Kodi playback.

Cosmetic changes.

Known issues:

Kodi user interface erroneously displays default addon settings after Librespot playback.

This likely lies with Kodi.

Thank you for your feedback.

• I have have updated streaming to Kodi

this is a great solution for stopping spotify. and the test build works good, too.
    I have the feeling (as in: not validated via any means) that the delay/pause is a lot smaller.

This looks good in Yatse, as well:

Edited once, last by ZyanKLee (July 3, 2017 at 4:39 PM).

• works as expected. I noticed the changes to configuration but did not invest more time in them aside from switching to kodi playback.

is there anything in particular, that I could test for you?

• awiouy

Could you please explain what this "streaming to kodi" means? Also, how do you enable it and whats the difference to Spotify Connect. And how do you control it then, if it is different to Connect? Is it integrated in Kodis Musicmanager then?

• Official Post

awiouy

Could you please explain what this "streaming to kodi" means? Also, how do you enable it and whats the difference to Spotify Connect. And how do you control it then, if it is different to Connect? Is it integrated in Kodis Musicmanager then?

By default librespot streams to the default ALSA output device. If you set Output to Kodi in the settings of the addon, librespot will play through Kodi.

• Ah thanks. What benefit would that have? Will kodi react on play/pause controls from within kodi, or what is the idea behind this?

Asking because it doesn't work for me here on my Odroid C2 with 32bit libs (compatible with RPi2/3). Otherwise I would've test it.

If I set kodi and then connect from my Android phone to Librespot@LibreELEC device, it apparently connects (showing green on Android App) but looses connection immediately. Never get any sound out of it. If I set back to ALSA I get working spotify connect.

• Official Post

Ah thanks. What benefit would that have? Will kodi react on play/pause controls from within kodi, or what is the idea behind this?

Asking because it doesn't work for me here on my Odroid C2 with 32bit libs (compatible with RPi2/3). Otherwise I would've test it.

If I set kodi and then connect from my Android phone to Librespot@LibreELEC device, it apparently connects (showing green on Android App) but looses connection immediately. Never get any sound out of it. If I set back to ALSA I get working spotify connect.

Have you installed the inpustream.* addons?

• Yep, inputstream.adaptive. But after I saw a relation in the logs I've uninstalled it, with the same effect. The log is made with disabled Inputstream.adaptive.