Simultaneous segmentation fault and kodi crash on multiple platforms

• Hi guys,

I have various LE boxes in the house. The ones that are always on are an x86 VM with a GT710, an Asus Chromebox (celeron) and a Nexbox A95x (S905x). The first two are running the latest stable LE 8.0.1. The nexbox runs kszaq's 8.0.1j.

I noticed that kodi was randomly restarting itself on these boxes when on idle and display off. When I went through the logs, I noticed that at certain times, all the boxes get a segmentation fault error and the kodi service crashes, which LE restarts at the same time.

I thought maybe wifi could be the cause, but the VM is on ethernet. Then I suspected mysql, but I since got rid of mysql and now use emby as the backend (no advancedsettings mysql setting). All three are different platforms or hardware and it is super weird. I can't figure it out. They seem to happen almost nightly between 11pm and 1:30am. The only thing I can think of that would affect all three boxes at the same time is a power brownout?!? Maybe?

In any case, below are the latest systemd logs from last night (the kodi crashlog does not show anything at all at the of crash):

Asus Chromebox:

Here's the nexbox:

The VM was off last night so I don't have a log from it, but I can update these again tomorrow if I have the issue again tonight.

Any ideas?

Edited once, last by aptalca (May 8, 2017 at 6:04 PM).

• This time, 2 of them crashed around the same time, and the third crashed 20 minutes later:

Nexbox S905x:

X86_64 VM:

Chromebox:

Based on the time difference, I am ruling out power related issues (brown out, etc.)

What else could it be? Perhaps upnp or other service like web?

I'll try disabling those and see if it still happens.