Amlogic / Wetek Play 2 supported USB DVB T2 devices

• Hello,

I just got a PCTV Triplestick 292e that does not work on my Wetek Play 2, most likely due to the kernel version 3.14 if I am correct, even though the FW files are present in /lib/firmwares.
    I searched on the forum and on other websites such as linuxtv.org and it seems there are no workarounds to use this tuner on this device.

I would like to know if the kernel used for Wetek Play 2 and Amlogic devices will soon be updated to 3.16+?
    If that is unlikely to happen any time soon, has anyone got a solution or a workaround?

I could also return the tuner, however, I found it difficult to clearly understand which USB tuner would work properly for DVB-T2, the geniatek for instance was several time reported as not being capable to do more than T1... And the availability of different brands of tuners in Ireland is very limited, even on Amazon for example...

Maybe we could try to consolidate a list of USB tuners that will work with the current kernel version and fw provided?

Having the embedded DVB-S2 tuner and a working USB DVB-T2 tuner would make my system complete.

Your help and advice will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
    WP2_Matt

PS: Excellent work from kszaq, raybuntu and the libreelec team, I'm impressed.

• You can try running one of my builds to see if your USB tuner is supported by media_build drivers:
    thread-2156.html

Internal tuner won't work in my build but you should be able to tell if there's hope to add support to your device.

• You can try running one of my builds to see if your USB tuner is supported by media_build drivers:
    thread-2156.html

Internal tuner won't work in my build but you should be able to tell if there's hope to add support to your device.

The tuner is detected with your build!! :)

And it is working in TVHeadend.

• Glad to hear. Now you need to wait for a media_build version of WP2 DVB driver, we still hope it's possible. As far as I know Codesnake is working on it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Resurrecting this thread not to create a duplicate one.
    I have re-installed official LE 8.2.5 for Wetek play 2, I see all the .fw files in /lib/firmware required as described here https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/pinnacle_pctv_triplestick_t2_(292e) but the device is not created in /dev/dvb/adapterx.
    My understanding was that since 8.2.0 the usb DVB drivers were included.
    Did I get the wrong idea and need to stay on the community builds?