Display off on idle

• Hi everyone,

I have my KODI - libreelec build (x86 intel) linux build going into the TV via a HDMI switcher. In kodi I noticed that the software can and does stop the signal after a set period of time of inactivity. I was wondering if it was possible to completely disable the HDMI ie depower the cable and then renable when required. This is required so that the switcher switches over - the lack of a HDMI signal does not be sufficient but the absence or presence of the power (from other devices) seems to be trigger.

I am a relatively inexperienced in linux so any help would be appreciated.

thanks

casper88

• Hello!

I am using a 1>2 switch (with PSU) since two years and it doesn't power off, so it is on the last two years without problems. It doesn't power off even if the PC is off. I don' t think this is something dedicated to LE... More to the specific switch.

Regards
    Nicolas

Edited once, last by Nicolas (May 8, 2017 at 9:19 AM).

• thanks for the reply, though i think i have not explained clearly enough. the switcher needs the hdmi cable to power off in order to switch to the next device. the lack of a signal is not enough. :)...ie putting kodi to suspend the machine works..but i required the machine to be running to access smb shares.

thanks again

Edited once, last by casper88 (May 8, 2017 at 9:37 AM).